Stay

*one week later*

                "Let's go home" jay smiled at Chloe as he helped her get her jacket on.  She sighed in relief and nodded, the pair waved bye to Will and walked into the elevator, she was finally going home after a traumatic and difficult week.  She never really left jays side, she was frightened of every new stranger that came near her and she also didn't like the idea of leaving again.

"I've got it" jay smiled as she was about to grab her bag from the trunk, Chloe nodded and let him grab it. They walked into the apartment complex and into the elevator, after all the sleep she had gotten at the hospital she was still tired, she yawned multiple times during the elevator ride and jay laughed, "someone's sleepy" he smiled as they walked into the apartment. Chloe laughed slightly and nodded, "you go take a nap" he said as he shut the door behind him. She nodded and instead of going to her room she look a nap on the couch where jay could see her. Jay cleaned up the apartment and unpacked her bag, once he was tidied up a bit he sat down on the couch with her, he gently moved her feet and sat down then placed her legs down on his so she could sleep comfortably still. He put the tv on low volume so he didn't wake her up and they both just chilled, it was all going fine until Chloe started flinching in her sleep.

Jay looked over to her face that was hid in her hands, he gently rubbed her arm and woke her up, "it's me, you're at home" he brought her back into reality. She lifted her head up a little then looked around, she smiled sadly at jay then fell back to sleep, he felt useless, like he just wanted to take the fear away from her but he couldn't.

He ran her a hot bath since she hadn't had a proper wash since the incident, "shout if you need me okay?" He said while leaving her in the bathroom. Chloe smiled and watch him close the door behind him, she hopped in the bath and sat there for a while looking at her bruises arms and legs, she felt unlike herself. When she was done she got out and dried herself before putting on her PJ's, she tried to avoid looking in the mirror the whole time but it was hard not too. The heat had knocked her a bit dizzy and tired, she opened the bathroom door and took two steps out of it, her legs got weak and jay watched her as she fell to the floor. "Woah woah woah chlo?" he ran over to her worriedly, she smiled at him and used his assistance to her back up, "I'm okay, just dizzy and tired" she admitted. Jay frowned and helped her over to the couch, "how about we have dinner then we can watch a film?" He smiled while walking over to the kitchen to put the prepared food into two plates. She nodded and rested her head on the back of the couch.

They ate dinner then watched Aladdin, Chloe was barely even awake by the end of it so Jay decided to call it a night, "come on, bed time" he smiled at her. She nodded but couldn't even pluck up enough energy to stand up, "I got you" jay said as he lifted her light body to her room. Her tucked her in and planted a gentle kiss on her hair before turning and leaving, "wait dad, can you leave the small light on?" She said with fear in her eyes. He smiled and left the little light on by her desk, "night chlo" he tilted his head. "Night dad" she muffled through a yawn, she was too scared to be alone in the dark.

Jay was sat on the couch at around 1am scrolling through Twitter and Facebook, he was startled by the sound of Chloe coughing, he ran to her room and walked in immediately. "You okay?" he smiled sadly. Chloe stopped coughing and nodded sadly with tears in her eyes and her cheeks tear stained. Jay walked over to her bed and handed her a glass of water, she must've had another nightmare. He sat on the bed by her and held her until she settled back down, "you feeling better?" He smiled and rubbed her hand. She looked at him and nodded tiredly, he got up and went to leave but Chloe jumped back up and grabbed his hand. "Stay" she whispered with a scared expression.

Jay turned back around and smiled, he switched off the night light and laid down next to her, she rested her head on his arm and he held her close as her heartbeat slowed down from racing. They both fell asleep in each other's protection.