Chapter 16

Two hours flight was short. My city is in another island of Indonesia, it's Sumatra island. The city called Bengkulu city, small city, my entire life used to be here until I moved out to study in Solo city for the last couple years. I never coming home after I left. One of the reasons is I run away, I don't want to get hit by my father again. In my twenty years of my life, never in a single time I don't get beat by my father when he got mad.

Mom said Hanna will pick me up at the airport, I'm excited to meet my sister also fear of the problem in my family. When I walked outside the airport, I saw Hanna standing in the waiting area.

Hanna is my little and only sister, she's four years younger than me, her sixteen birthday was in June. She's currently studying in popular highschool in the city. Of course she drives, rules meant to be broken right. All her friends at highschool drive their own car, even if it's not to school but outside school they do. So my parents allowed her to drive. 

Waving my hands hoping she recognizes me after two years no meeting. "Hanna!!" I cried out loud calling her.

She move her gaze to me, waving her hand and smiling.

I walk faster and hug her once I am in front of her. "Oh my sister, you are getting old." She says hugging me.

"I'm just getting beautiful not old, little sister!" I answer defending myself. She chuckles and break the passionate hug.

Hanna put her hands on her hips, "how come you never visit home!" She yells with high pitch voice of her.

I look around scanning people around us, they seem busy with their business but some people near us sure take a look at us for a while then leave. "Shhhh," place my finger on her lips. "Don't yell at me young lady." I whisper.

She shoves my finger away from her lips and turns her heels to walk to her car. "Let they know that you never come home. Are you planning on leaving us?"

"Of course no." I snap.

She doesn't bother to answer but walks faster leaving me behind.

"That's beautiful car for an ugly girl like you." I remark mockingly before entering her car.

She stuck her tongue out at me, "hurry mom is waiting." Her expression is changed when she mentioned mom.

"Everything will be okay, don't worry." I try to be though for her, when inside me is fragile.

"Dad..." She starts to cry, "he is...."

I reach out her shoulder comforting her, "I knew. Now don't cry, who will drive us home if you cry." My voice is calm hopefully she'll calm too.

She nods wiping tears on her cheeks with her back sleeve. She looks at me with watery eyes and drive to the roadway. Honestly it's hurt seeing my sister hurt like this. Hate grows inside me towards him, but if I hate him how can I help my family.

I take out my phone from my bag and text Angela informing her that I won't be attending class next week as today is Friday. What? Friday? The date!

*Mister. sorry I can't make it to the dinner, I have to go home, emergency. I hope next week is fine for another dinner.*

I sigh, sending the message.

******

Hanna stops the car in front of our house. I open the car hesitantly, grabbing my suitcase and rushing to my mom who's already standing at the front door waiting for us. "Mom," I cry on her hug. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay darling, come inside." She responds, "Did you have your breakfast already?" Walking to the house. Hanna is already running to her room straight away she walked inside the house.