Chapter 23

Laughter and scream are echoing into the kitchen as they watch series after having supper tonight. Mr Nicholas, Emily, and mom are having a great time in the living room watching a drama-horror series. Meanwhile Hanna and I wash the dishes and baking cookies for whoever that still have place in their stomach.

Today is another great day, thank to Nicholas who brought laughter in my family. I'm touched by him visited me all the way here. He's such a lovely man.

"Is cookies ready?" I ask Hannah while placing my last plate into dishwasher.

She nods, pointing the cookies in the oven. "Almost ready."

I walk to the table dinner and take a seat. Waiting for her to finish baking.

She looks at me then whisper, "is he your boyfriend?"

I snort lightly placing my hands on my mouth to cover the sounds. "No, he's my assistant professor. Student and assistant professor or professor are not allowed to have a relationship."

She's eyeing me like I'm a delicious prey.

I roll my eyes, annoyingly. "I have a boyfriend ....... or not."

"What do you mean or not?" She raises her eyebrows together, then checking the cookies.

"We're not in a good terms lately."

"Then be with him, he's literally came here to check on you because you gone for two weeks straight. How lovely is that."

I'm playing with my fingers, thinking as if everything goes that simple. I don't want Nicholas leave me after knowing everything about my past. At least Robert will never be mine and having him in a label relationship with me is enough.

"Be honest to yourself." She says taking out the cookies from the oven.

"Alright kiddo." I tease, grinning showing my teeth so she'll not catch any of my emotions.

She moves the cookies into the plate that I placed on the table before. "I'm not a kid anymore, I do have a good point of view about relationship." She says proudly.

"Let's see if that your good point of view is correct." I shove cookie into my mouth, "damn hot!" Moving my hands up and down in front of my mouth to source the wind so the cookie inside my mouth will be able to cool. What a silly thing to do.

"You're funny Becca." I hear a manly voice from the back of me.

Hanna looks up and smiles at him, "she's dumbest."

He laughs, "yes she is but she's also the cutest."

I blush hearing him said I'm the cutest.

He touched my arm before takes a seat next to me. "Is it still hot there?" Pointing straight into my mouth.

I cover my mouth embarrassing, "ewww don't do that!" I state avoiding him.

"Aye aye, you guys are the cutest couple ever." Hanna's chirping her nonsense opinion again.

I frown at her. Eating another whole cookie that already cool on the plate eagerly. She's not a good Cupid either.

"Are we?" Nicholas asks her interested. "She doesn't like me that way though," he continues, rubbing his back head groggily.

"I do!" I shout without realizing any of my words. Then shocked by my own direct answer. That's not what I meant. I find myself being a center stare now.

"You do?" Hanna and Nicholas ask me in unison, Nick stares at me curious.

I stand up walking to the living room. Then I feel a hand holding my arm. I look at the owner of the hand narrowed my eyes.