𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒- 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

------Levi's POV:

------
Levi's POV:

It was the morning of the expedition and we were on horseback at the gates of Wall Maria.

Even if we were going to use the mission as a cover to kill Eyebrows we still had to survive against the titans.

A bell went off and the gate began to rise. On both sides of us were townspeople throwing useless insults about their damn tax money or just spewing random shit from their disgusting mouths.

The chains lifting the the gate stopped. They were at the threshold of true freedom. Just a couple weeks ago they had been trapped underground. Now they were going beyond the walls. They were determined to make it back alive no matter the stakes.

"Soldiers! Move out!"

We passed under the wall and the outside world came into full view.

"It's so cool levi-bro!"

"It's not bad Levi" Farlan looked up, the same as the three of us were doing.

"Not bad at all."

"There is no end. The sky goes forever." (Y/n) said

"You're right!" Isabel laughed

Catteleya's horse rode up to ours.

"Nows not the time to lose focus! We're in titan territory, the sky won't be visible if your dead" Cattleya scolded.

I mentally cursed at her. She tried so hard to be nice but it came off wrong each time.

~~~~
Your POV:

The ground began to rumble underneath the horses. The sound of massive footsteps grew closer and closer with each thud.

"Three 7 meter class titans approaching!"

I turned around to see three massive sized, naked creatures. They looked like human beings but they were huge.

"I'll get rid of them."

"(Y/n) wait!" Cattleya shouted but her voice became more distant as I swerved my horse in the direction of the titans. The other three were following but still a little farther back. Some other scouts I've never seen before had been chasing after me as well, trying to reach the target before I would.

If I get rid of these titans there will be no threat against Levi, Isabel, or Farlan.

I kicked the side of my horse, making it go faster. The titan's arms were flailing around with limp heads bouncing on their shoulders.

I shot my wires into the flesh of the titan, standing on my horse and drawing my blades. I pulled the trigger which reeled me toward the titan. It reached its hand out for me but I sliced it off.

It was easy, my body just moved on its own. I spun up the rest of its arm at full speed, gaining access to the nape in seconds. I spun with my blades held out to my side, launching myself toward the nape and deeply slicing it.

I looked over to my side, seeing Levi kill one of the titans. I jumped to the last one, repeating the process and eliminating the titan.

I hooked my wires into the trees and went back to my horse followed by the others.

"Damn now I see why Erwin wanted them to join the scouts, that short asshole and weapon girl are speed demons." I heard someone say but I didn't really care.

~~~

As we progressed further into titan territory it began to pour rain. I had never felt rain before, it was like a massive shower except the water was cold and the air was moist. The surrounding terrain was foggy. We could only see a few feet in front of us.

It was just us four, the rest of the soldiers had broke off into the formation. The sky was dark and stormy and my vision was clouded by the water constantly splatting in my eyes. My hair and clothes were soaked but that was the least of my worries.

Me and Levi were riding side by side, Farlan and Isabel behind us. I was waiting for orders on what we were supposed to do since they've planned to use the mission as a cover.

"I didn't know rain could be this heavy" Isabel looked down at the her cape, seeing how the shade became darker from the water.

"Me neither. We won't be able to see any titans before it's too late!" Farlan shouted.

"This is our chance. We'll use this rain as a cover to get close to Erwin." I turned my head to look at Levi. Farlan and Isabel gasped.

"Are we gonna go for it bro?!"

"Yeah. But it would be suspicious if all three of us were to break away at once. I'll go alone."

"Levi, I am coming with. It is dangerous." I spoke up.

"No you're not. You need to stay here and protect these two fools because I know you can."

"It's probably not the best to carelessly move around anyway (y/n)" Farlan said.

"Alright fine. We're counting on you bro!"

"I will protect them with my life. I won't let you down Levi."

"Relax (y/n), I'll be back soon."

"Go and secure our surface citizenship!" Isabel smiled her usual smile.

"If anyone asks, tell them I went to survey the terrain" Levi told me, I nodded.

Levi's POV:

I kicked my horse, making his trot turn into a sprint. I glanced back at the three, seeing Isabel waving, Farlan nodded with a small smile. For once (y/n)'s expression had changed, she looked concerned. I shook it off, facing forward once more.

The ride ahead was foggy and the rain continued to pour down like no tomorrow. I held onto my hood to shield my eyes from the continuous rain droplets.

Just you wait, Erwin Smith. I'll kill you with these two bare hands.