𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓- "𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮".

---------Levi's POV: Play music

---------
Levi's POV:
Play music

Through the foggy terrain came a cliff. I had a brief moment to react; I yanked back on the reigns of my horse and looked down. It was a field of soldiers who had been demolished by titans.

Blood, detached limbs, corpses.

"What the hell happened here" I thought aloud.
The sound of a smoke signal caught my attention. A black flare was shot from under a tree a few meters away.

"The titans..." a soldier, seconds away from his death, pointed into the direction I had came from.

I jerked my head back to see multiple sets of titan footsteps.

"No way..."

How did I pass them? More than one too, how the hell did it slip through undetected? Did we pass each other?

I dashed back the way I had came. Never in my life had I been faced with such strong feelings of grief. The sight of single limbs I occasionally spotted made my stomach churn. What if I don't make it in time? No, if Isabel and Farlan can't handle it (y/n) can. No titan is a match for her.

My horse tripped over a corpse and both of us slid through the mud.

"Levi-bro!" Isabel shouted. I looked up to see Isabel and Farlan on the ground, their horses nowhere in sight. Isabels arm was bleeding and Farlan was applying pressure.

"Where the hell is (y/n)?"

"She needs your help Levi, I would go but I'm out of blades. A shit ton of titans appeared out of nowhere so we tried to fight them off. Isabel stupidly cut her own arm with her own blades and it's bleeding pretty bad, nothing fatal though hopefully. But (y/n) led them away, her gear malfunctioned so she's on foot. She headed that way." Farlan pointed away from him. I rushed over to my horse and climbed on top of her.

At least they're alright. But (y/n). She can handle herself but even with her she'd still need gear against the titans. There's no way she'd be able to fight them multiple off if she has no gear.

Damn it (y/n). When you said you'd protect them with your life I didn't think you'd do all this. But I should've known. You've always cared for us more than yourself.

I heard a titan screen nearby. My horse was going as fast as it could. I swerved around corpses and large puddles. Their running footsteps grew closer but the sound of my heart beating was louder.

Through the fog I could vaguely make out a small settlement, three or four buildings at most. The silhouette of titans became visible.

"I have to protect them and myself! For Levi! Get out of my way!"

(Y/n).

Her screams were full of agony. It was the most emotion I had ever heard from her.

"Where are you (y/n)?! Say something again so I can find you!"

"Levi?!"

I pulled my horse to stop when I saw (y/n). Her hair was covered in blood and she had scratches all over her body. It reminded me of the day I had first met her. This won't be the last time we meet.

As I ran over to her I watched as a titan lunged for her. She didn't even realize it. She was focused on me. She dropped her blades and held her arms out for me. Her eyes could hardly stay open. She must've hit her head hard.

"I'm worried about you brat."

"Dont be Levi, I will be fine as long as you are. You will stay here, right?"

"I will try to. I would never intentionally leave you alone. Is there a reason that you care more about me than Isabel and Farlan?" He ran his fingers through my hair.

"I do not know. I cherish you greatly though, Levi."

Why am I remembering this? Is this what it feels like to have your life flash before your eyes?

She turned around and faced the titan. I ran as fast as I could. I was prepared to give my own life to save hers. The mud made it difficult to run and she was still down the short hill. It was open terrain so my gear was as useless as hers.

Could this be the end for both of us?

The titan wrapped its hand around her body and lifted her off the ground. She let out mortifying scream. I couldn't tell if it was because of pain or because she wanted to be with me. Knowing her, probably both. It's the only time I've ever heard her scream out of pain.

Once I was close enough I shot the ODM wires into the titan. I boosted the gas and withdrew a set of blades.

If I want to live, if I want (y/n) to live, I've got to fight for all I'm worth. I've never backed down and I won't let that start now.

I sliced the arm of the titan off and traveled up to its nape, slaughtering it.

"Levi why do I feel like tired like I want to sleep? It's not time to sleep yet, it's not goodnight yet. It's not the time so why do I feel tired?" She asked, looking down at her bloody hands.

"You're not tired you're just losing too much blood. Look brat, I want you to get out of here and go to Isabel and Farlan. I'll be fine but you're not gonna be if you don't get out of here."

"Levi I cant leave you with these titans."

"Your gears broken right? What are you going to do anyway? You already got grabbed by a titan so that just adds to the list of your injuries. Stop being an idiot and go."

She turned to walk away but spun on her heel to face me.

"I can help Levi. Please let me help you."

I sighed, looking back at her. She looked scared, utterly terrified. It scared me to see her like that. She must be scared she'll lose me.

I pulled her to my chest, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"I love you brat."

"Levi I don't understand. What does that mean. I don't know what that means."

"Ill tell you later, for now just go back. I'll meet up with you when I finish these disgusting bastards."

"What if you die?"

"Me? Die? Are you crazy, I won't die. Now go." I squeezed her one last time before pushing her off my body. She looked at me one last time, even in the rain I could tell

She was crying.

She spun on her heel and began weakly running in the direction I had came from.

Don't worry (y/n). I'm not going to die here, I'll see you soon.