Chapter 2

I WANT TO SEE HIM BUT NOT LIKE THIS!

————

Xiao Zhan massaged his temples, letting out a soft groan. His dark eye circles are visible, he didn't have enough rest these past few days and always works overtime just so he won't remember that weird guy Yibo.

It has been a week since he and Yibo met at the hospital and he still can't stop thinking about what he said to him. "Can I hug you?"

Like, who the fuck asks that question?!

But he is also weird, he doesn't know why but he still silently hoped that Yibo will come again, even if it will just tear him again, he doesn't care, as long as he can see him being happy in a distance, he would be more than grateful.

Suddenly, he heard a gentle knocking at the door. "Doctor Xiao?"

Xiao Zhan raised his head and said, "Come in."

Zhuocheng opened the door and was shocked, seeing his friend's dark eye circles and he's barely holding on, trying not to sleep. "Holy Jesus! What's wrong with you?!" He ran towards his friend and squeezed his cheeks, taking a closer look.

Xiao Zhan blinked then smiled lazily. "Oho~ My dear friend is here"

Zhuocheng pouted. "Aww~ Did my baby Zhan missed me?"

Xiao Zhan instantly shook his head, forcing the other to let go of him. He glared at him, and shouted, "Fuck you!"

Zhuocheng leaned at the table, laughing while holding the bubble tea in his hands.

Xiao Zhan's eyes landed on the cold drink and snatched it before taking a sip. "Ah~" he moaned, refreshed.

"HEY! I already drank that!"

"...."

Xiao Zhan just stared at him, expressionless, and said after a moment, "So what?" He waved his hands, and added, "Get out, get out!"

Zhuocheng clicked his tongue and picked up his drink before turning to leave. However, before he could step a foot outside the door, he shouted, "GUYS DOCTOR XIAO JUST KISSED ME INDIRECTLY! I'M SO HAPPY!"

Xiao Zhan stood up, picking his pen, and threw it at his friend. "ZHUOCHENG, YOU BASTARD!"

However, Zhuocheng already ran away and the pen that Xiao Zhan threw landed on the floor.

Eyebrows twitching from annoyance, he sat down on the chair. "That bastard."

His eyebrows were still furrowed but he couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Didn't also he used to tease Yibo before?

He likes bothering and teasing him. At first, Yibo was annoyed but as time went on, he somehow got used to it and teases Xiao Zhan back too. He eventually regretted doing that, because Yibo ended up teasing him wherever they go, but at the same time, he was happy that Yibo started opening up to him and that's when Yibo started catching feelings for Zhan.

After hours of working, Xiao Zhan finally decided to take a rest and stroll around the hospital for a while.

He walked through the hallway filled with people and often sees someone he knows and smiles at them. As he walked, he heard some nurses gossiping at the corner of the hallway.

"Hey, hey, I just heard something earlier. A racer got into an accident during the race."

"Yeah! I saw him, he got injured on his head and got some scars on his handsome face."

"I think his bones on his right arm got fractured as well."

"Really? What a shame, he's so hot and handsome, that would be such a waste if his face gets ruined."

"What's his name again?"

"I think it was Wang— what was it again? Wang..."

Hearing this, Xiao Zhan halted his steps, slowly turning his body towards the gossiping nurses. His heart is pounding out of his chest, as he listened closely. He does want to see Yibo, but seeing him injured is another thing, he can't bear seeing the one he loves laying on the hospital bed!

"WANG YIBO! Yes! It's Wang Yibo!"

Xiao Zhan's blood ran cold and was frozen for a second.

WANG YIBO! That brat! I told him many times before not to do anything rashly! What was he thinking?!

Before he could even notice it himself, he already started running, without knowing where to go. His breathing was unstable as he ran and began searching for the patient named 'Wang Yibo'. He looked at every room's name tag placed on the door but couldn't find him.

Suddenly, he saw a familiar figure, folding a folder and a pen, he immediately grabbed him by his shoulders, panting heavily, he asked, "Zhuocheng! H-Have you have seen a-any patient n-named Wang?"

Zhuocheng looked at his friend, confused, and suddenly smiled. "Aww~ My friend is concerned about me." He said, pouting.

Xiao Zhan was taken aback and realized that this bastard friend of his also has a surname 'Wang'. He shouted, furious, "WANG ZHUOCHENG! I'm serious! His name is Wang Yibo!"

"Wang Yibo?"

"...."

"Oh, the racer? He's my patient,"

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened. He shook his friend, saying, "Where? Where? Where is he? Hurry!"

"R-room four, at the first floor,"

Hearing this, Xiao Zhan instantly let go of his friend and ran to the said room. He opened the door, without looking at the name tag and saw a guy filled with bandages on his face. He looks at him closely and his heart skipped a beat when he saw a familiar facial feature.

"Y-Yibo?"

He stepped a foot forward, eyes trembling.

For seven days he wanted to meet Yibo, but not like this.

"Yibo..."

————

Sorry for the late update and for the errors! Please do tell me if I have some errors, your help would mean a lot to me! ('ω;`)