Chaper 8

OFFICIALLY MY SON

————

Wang Yibo sat on the chair, looking at his son playing on the floor, and uttered, "He's growing too fast."

Ziyi heard this and looked at Fanxing as well. "He is."

Wang Yibo turned his head, facing Ziyi. "Do you think Zhan can still see him grow... together with me?"

Ziyi stayed silent. After a moment she asked, "Yibo, what is your plan exactly?"

Wang Yibo sighed and looked at his son. "I... I still want to grow old with Zhan. Watch our son grow taller. Take care of each other. Send him to school together. You know, like a family, but..."

Ziyi, "But?"

Wang Yibo heaved. "Nevermind, I'll just take Fanxing to Korea with me. I wanna start a new life. What do you think?"

Ziyi smiled at the other. "Whatever you want."

Wang Yibo, "What about you?"

Ziyi, "I don't know. This world is so big, I can go everywhere."

Wang Yibo, "Yeah, this world is so big, I hope we both find our happiness again."

Ziyi chuckled and hit her friend's head. "What's with the serious conversation?" She paused and, asked, "When will you go to Korea anyway?"

Wang Yibo rubbed his head and stilled for a second before smiling. "After two days, I guess?"

Ziyi's eyes went wide, "TWO DAYS? How can it be so fast?"

Wang Yibo scratched his head. "Well, I already processed everything long ago. You know, I need to plan for Fanxing's future."

Wang Yibo was still scratching his head and suddenly felt a tiny hand pulling his legs. He looked at it and saw Fanxing.

Fanxing pulled his father's legs cutely and pointed at the toys.

Wang Yibo instantly understood. "Want me to play with you?"

Fanxing nodded.

Wang Yibo chuckled and patted his son's head. "Ok, what do you want to play?" He stood up and carried his son before walking towards the toys.

Ziyi just stared at them, smiling, she mumbled, "Fanxing is definitely in the right person's hands."

Time ran fast and it was already the next day. Yibo and Fanxing will have to go to Korea the next day so Yibo packed their things in advance. He made sure that everything's in place and he won't forget something. Of course, Ziyi was there, she came early in the morning to help her friend pack his things.

Meng Ziyi zipped the luggage and suddenly heard her phone ringing. She answered it and placed her phone on her ears. "Hello?"

"Hello, Miss Meng Ziyi! We would like to inform you that the adoption papers are done, please come here and—"

Before the person on the other line could finish, Ziyi already ran towards Yibo, jumping. "YIBO! YIBO— YIBO—!!!"

Yibo turned around and flinched when he saw Ziyi in front of him, smiling, he asked, "What's wrong?"

Ziyi, "Guess what?"

Yibo looked at her sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "I don't what to guess."

Ziyi, "Aiya! Come on. It's a good news!"

Yibo sighed. "You finally popped?"

Ziyi pushed her friend. "Tsk! Why can't you be serious for just a minute?" She rolled her eyes and continued lazily, "Fanxing's officially your son."

Wang Yibo's eyes went wide, "Really? IT'S DONE?"

Ziyi, "En,"

Wang Yibo jumped in excitement. "WAH! FANXING'S OFFICIALLY MY SON?!" He instantly ran to his son and carried him. "Fanxing, you're my son now!" He chuckled as he pinched the tiny guy's nose.

Fanxing was confused for a moment before grinning, sensing the happiness from his father. He mumbled some cute, weird things before laughing for no reason.

For some reason, it feels like Yibo understood him and grinned. "Yeah? You're happy? Aww— come here, give daddy a hug."

Fanxing grinned and widened his arms.

Wang Yibo chuckled and embraced the other. He could wrap his son's tiny body around his arms completely. After a while, he let go of the other and kissed his forehead. "I love you."

As if Fanxing understood him, he smiled and placed both of his tiny hands on his father's cheeks before mumbling something that only aliens could understand.

Wang Yibo chuckled while nodding. "Uh-huh?"

It has been so long since he last felt this happy. If only Zhan was there with them, everything would be perfect.

Ziyi giggled, looking at the father and son talking despite not understanding each other. Suddenly, she heard some faint voices coming from her phone. She was confused for a while before finally remembering that someone is still on the phone. She instantly placed her phone on her ears, and said, "Oh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just got excited so I—"

"It's fine Miss Ziyi, we understand," Even if it's just on the call you can already tell that the speaker is smiling, she continued, "Please do get the papers here, we will be waiting, thank you!"

Ziyi, "Yes, we'll be there in a minute! Thank you!"

The call ended.

She walked towards the father on son who is still talking and laughing. "Yibo, we should go now, we can't keep them waiting,"

Wang Yibo, "OKAY!"

For the rest of the day, everything went smoothly. The people there just asked them a few questions and signed a few papers then they went home again to finish packing.

As for tomorrow, no one knows what's going to happen, but one thing is for sure, they will never meet Zhan again.

————

I know, I know late update kendbd sorryyyyy I was supposed to update at 8 pm but I don't know what happened to me jdjxdj I totally forgot but yeah here's chapter 8. Also, I want to inform you guys that there's going to be only 10 chaps (not including the prologue and epilogue) so it's almost done! And I'm actually working on another book. It's going to be a little different from what I'm used to writing but I'll try my best lolol