Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Bella’s POV:-

The next week flew by pretty quickly, and here I was. I was standing infront of one of the most beautiful and enormous mansions I have ever laid my eyes upon.

I came alone in the evening. Caleb didn’t ever contact me. For the past three weeks I have no idea about his existence.

I came by a cab, so yeah! I was pretty much embarrassed when the security guards didn’t recognize me and held me near the gate. Cecile came to my rescue very quickly and ushered me in her big mansion. How many of these mansions do they have? Wait! I don’t wanna know.

Cecile took me to their enormous living room, and I was quickly embraced into a warm hug by Celine,

“Hello darling. Please, have a seat” She smiled at me warmly.

“Thanks, Mrs. Smith”

“Please call me Celine, dear. So, how are you?” She asked in her low, soft voice. She was really a very timid person.

“I am fine, Celine” I said as I sat down opposite her.

“Mom, where did grandma go? And Dad?” Cecile asked from beside me.

“I am here..” A stern male voice echoed from behind me. I turned around to see the tall, aged man walking towards us. Mark’s eyes were upon me, but I don’t think they were very welcoming. He had a serious expression in his eyes, as he came and sat beside Celine. He didn’t talk to me, but just gave an acknowledging nod after sitting down.

“And Grandma?” Cecile asked looking at her mother.

“She will be here soon..” She smiled at me.

“Is Caleb back from Paris?” Cecile questioned her father.

“Yes. He came back this morning” Mark replied for the first time. So, Caleb was back? Does that mean he will be here? Of course, he would be here. Grandma wanted to meet both of us.

“Where are they? They are still not here?” An old lady like voice could be heard from the distance. And then a medium height, beautiful, elegant, old lady stepped inside the living room, “Why aren’t they here yet?”

“Grandma, she is here” Cecile stood up, smiling. I followed her suite and stood up myself, smiling respectfully at the figure.

“So, you are Bella?” She looked at me suspiciously from head to toe, “How old are you?”