Chapter 22

Chapter 22  

Bella's POV:-

Everyone should walk in the rain atleast once in their lifetime. It feels great! Like, walking in the rain with Caleb felt so normal... so familiar, as if we were still teenagers, walking hand in hand around the town while it rained.

Ahh! It feels bad, doesn't it? Thinking how wonderful it once was, and now.. It will never be the same anymore.

"So, you still remembered that song?" I looked up to see Caleb looking at me while still walking ahead.

I suppressed a smile, "I don't. I just remember the tune..."

"Yeah" Caleb chuckled.

"What?" I glared at him, blushing.

He didn't reply. He just whistled that song again and walked ahead of me. I couldn't stop myself, I ran up to catch up with him, "I see you remembered..."

"I remember everything, Bella.." He said looking ahead.

"Remember the candy floss you bought me at the park?" I giggled as I recalled that day. We were now walking side by side while it drizzled down the empty road.

"You really were a teenager on sugar high" Caleb chuckled again.

"What? No.." I laughed, "You were the famous badboy remember? Bullying people just to keep up that image"

"Come on! I didn't have to do anything. I already had a reputation. The popular kid, remember?" Caleb smirked while air quoting the word.

"Yeah, yeah.. Everybody remembered your stupid arrogance" I rolled my eyes.

"What? Stupid? Don't tell me that the former Bella Jones fell for a stupid boy like me.." Caleb turned around and stood facing me in the middle of the road. He was smiling, looking straight into my unguarded soul.

"I didn't fall for the stupid boy" I stuck out my tongue at him and then said again, "I fell for an irritatingly arrogant boy who was too persistent to let me go..." I stared as his gray eyes darkened at me. We were very close, standing face to face, lost in ourselves, while our heart raced fast and in desperate need for some warmth.

Finally he smiled and turned around to walk. I walked alongside him, "Don't forget what you just said, Bella. I was too persistent to let you go, I still am.. I won't let you go that easily"

I couldn't say anything after that. I walked looking at the other side, just to avoid meeting his gaze again.

I didn't realize when I walked ahead of him..