Chapter 3

"Compass points you home, calling out from the east...
Compass points you anywhere,  closer to me....."
-Zella Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

At exactly 7 pm, a BMW parked infront of the gates of The Pearls and Caleb got down from it in his armani suite. Luke was already there waiting for him with another delgate and he took him inside with the other man. The sky was dark and gloomy outside, as wind blew tremendously fast across the city. A storm was supposed to hit the city tonight, but that didn't stop anyone from doing their work. Caleb hated days like these, it reminded of him of the past, and he hated everything that reminded him of the past.

Luke and the other guy directed Caleb to a large room, specially designed for hosting meetings and prestentaions. Three men and one woman were already sitting across the large table as Caleb walked to the opposite side to take his seat. Everyone greeted him as Luke distributed the files and went out leaving them to start the meeting.

An hour later, Luke rushed inside the meeting room and went straight ahead to talk to Caleb while he was busy discussing with his clients. Luke whispered something in Caleb's ears as his eyes widened. He froze in his seat, looking furiously at Luke. Luke looked agitated, as he guiltily looked at his Boss, "I'm sorry, Boss, I didn't know this would happen. I was informed it was cancelled"

Caleb didn't say anything. He looked around to see the confused looks on his client's faces and then again turned to Luke, "Be ready, we'll leave just after I finish it here."

"Yes, Boss" Luke nodded, "I'll be waiting outside"

After another forty minutes, the woman spoke up as they were wrapping up the meeting, "Mr. Ryder, it's a very high bargain. Your proposition is costilier than what your rival company has offered us"

"Maybe" Caleb replied, "But I can bet, it's also far better than what they have proposed"

"Yeah" The woman said again, "But the recent rumours of your London project makes us think twice before signing a deal with you. You see, if you want to build a Company with us in Paris, we need to know if you are giving in your two-hundred percent into it."

Caleb shifted uneasily on his chair. He knew he had sent a shut down notice to the new London branch, and the words must have gone to them about this. What they didn't know was he would have shut down and hired each one of them to work for in any of his other branches. He wouldn't have cost the employees their jobs. He just didn't want to tell this to Mark. But he wanted this deal more than anything. If the deal was a success, he would gain more power than before, he could have a chance to stand against his Father in future and maybe someday, he would be able to fulfill his dream. There's no way he would give this deal up, he would do anything to get it.

"Whatever you heard about the London branch is, as you say, a rumour and nothing more. I have set up ten branches in the last two years and each one of them is going great. And I don't think, anyone else in recent times has done so much progress in such a short period of time. So, you decide Mrs. Bertrand, whether you want to take a chance with R&S Ltd., or you want to see my proposition going to some other share holder in France?" Caleb finished and pushed the papers to their side.

Mrs. Bertrand was looking at him with amused eyes. She was impressed with the young man seating infront of her. She was more than impressed, her look seductively checking out his features. Then she discussed the proposition with her colleagues and signed the paper. The deal was done. Caleb was satisfied while he got up and walked out of the room, still thinking of the nightmare in his mind.