17

your pov:
we started walking towards the neighboring city. "i like your outfit." i complimented saiki. "thank you." he thanked me with a warm smile on his face.

"do you want to go to a cafe first? i know a place." saiki suggested. "you just want coffee jelly, don't you?" i teased him. "enjoying coffee jelly with you is nice, but i would rather have you than coffee jelly." he admitted. "oh my god, really?" i asked out of shock. this is the first time he said something like that to me. "yes. when i'm with you, i feel as happy as i do when i eat coffee jelly. no, that's not true. i feel even more happier with you than when i eat coffee jelly." saiki said as he intertwined his hands with mine. "stop, that's so sweet." i felt my face getting warmer and i just knew i was blushing already. "you're like my coffee jelly!" he giggled. "i like that." i smiled at him. "come on, let's go to the cafe you suggested!" i said enthusiastically, pulling him along the sidewalk.

"how did you even find this cafe? there's like almost zero cafes in the area!" i entered the shop and took a seat at a table for two. "last time i came, some people were kind enough to guide me here." saiki explained. "oh, makes sense. is the dessert here good?" i asked him. "of course. other wise i wouldn't have brought you here." he laughed. i laughed along with him while reading through the menu, trying to pick out the dessert i wanted.

during our mealtime, we both caught up with each other and talked about how our days went while we weren't on speaking terms. "i'm sorry again." saiki apologized. "there's no need to apologize, saiki. we got through all the hardships and now we can overcome anything and sort through misunderstandings easier. we both learned from our mistakes so we can move on now and make more memories!" i reassured him. "let's make more memories as something else." saiki suggested. "what?" i was confused about what he meant by that, but continued to listen. "we made memories as friends, with a different label. why don't we make the rest of our memories as a new label?" he explained. "i don't understand what you're trying to say." i gave him a confused look. "what i'm trying to say is that i want to make memories with you as more than a friend. i don't want the friend label anymore. will you be my girlfriend, y/n?" saiki asked me with an eager look on his face. "of course!" i immediately answered out of excitement. before i could say anything else, saiki dropped what he was doing and pulled me into a hug. "i never thought i could ever feel like this for someone. you changed me, y/n. in a good way. thank you." he stroked my hair and held onto me tighter. "and thank you for always looking out for me and rescuing me when i needed it." we stayed in that position for a while and it felt like time had stopped for the both of us.

we were walking around the arcade, looking for a game to play. "i like it much better now that i'm here with you. i only viewed this place as just a neighboring town, but now it holds much more meaning to me." saiki said as he swung our hands back and forth while we walked. "i thought i would never be able to come back here after seeing you here with teruhashi, but now i'm happy because i came back here with you." i gave him a warm smile. "now let's stop being cheesy. let's play games! wanna bet $20 that i win all of them?" i smirked as i dragged the psychic to a game that caught my eye. "deal! but you're gonna be the one paying." saiki said, getting cocky. "oh, please! as if i would let you win! i'm not going easy on you just because i just became your girlfriend." i told him, trying my best to be intimidating. "we'll see about that." he said with a smirk.

after a few hours, we had played every single game in the arcade. "what's the score?" i asked saiki with an eager look on my face. "51 to 49. you won." he said disappointedly. "YES! i knew i would win!" i celebrated my small victory. "you only won by 2 points, it's not that big of a deal." saiki sulked. "where's my $20, huh? pay up!" i said before putting out a hand gesturing for him to pay up. "why should i pay you?" he asked, getting defiant. "i'm only joking, you don't need to pay me $20, but you do need to do something else!" i told him with a cheeky grin. "and what is it that i need to do?" saiki asked me. "kiss me." i said plainly. "what?" he stammered, getting flustered. "you heard me." i teased him. "fine." he gave in and kissed me on the cheek. "that's all?" i teased again. he rolled his eyes at my playfulness and in seconds, his lips met with mine. i kissed back, and he deepened the kiss, slightly surprising me. "you sure are flirty today." saiki laughed after pulling away. "well, i can do that now because we're dating already." i giggled. "you're right." he laughed, taking my hand in his as we walked the streets of the town.

author's note: i've been so busy lately so sorry that i published this after so long !! i hope this wasn't too cheesy LMFAO