Pregnancy

Anastasia's POV

It's been about two weeks since Adrian and I completed the mating process. I have not been feeling myself. I have been nausea, but not sick and I'm tired most of the day. So I have told my mother and she is taking me to the Pride Healer today. I haven't told Adrian as I don't want him to worry.

We are due to take over the pride in a few months and he's stressed enough with that. He doesn't have to worry about me feeling under the weather. Besides it's probably a cold or flu. Nothing life threatening.

Mum taps me shoulder as I feel the car pull to a stop. I look at her. 'We are here' she signs to me. I nod my head and we get out of the car. We go inside.

(Healing House) Third Persons POV

"Lady Amelia, nice to see you again and this must be your long lost daughter Anastasia. She is beautiful" the woman at reception states.

"She is, we are here to see my family doctor. My daughter is not feeling well" Amelia tells her. As Anastasia looks around the healing house feeling uncomfortable. She never liked vet checks and she is not thrilled about being here either. But her mother made her come.

"Of course, I'll inform Doctor Chandler and she'll call you in shortly" the receptionist states. Amelia nods and leads Anastasia over to a pair of chairs. They sit down.

'What is wrong?' Amelia asks her daughter with sign language.

'I hate vet checks and hospitals' Anastasia signs back.

'It will be ok, I will stay by your side' Amelia assures her.

"Miss Edwards" the doctor calls. Amelia gets up and Anastasia follows her mother. They enter the doctors room. 'Please hope on the bed' the doctor signs and Anastasia does so. "Now what seems to be the problem?" she asks Amelia.

"My daughter has been feeling nausea and fatigued" Amelia states.

"Ok, well I'll check her vitals and see if anything sticks out" the doctor states. Amelia tells Anastasia, who nods her head. The doctor takes her temperature, feels her throat, exams her ears and mouth. Then grabs a stethoscope to listen to her heart beat. But notices something strange about it.

'Is something wrong?' Anastasia inquires.

'Have you and the prince mated?' the doctor asks her. Anastasia blushes nodding her head. The doctor goes over to the intercom. "Can I have a portable ultrasound machine brought to my office please?" she asks.

"Right away doctor" a male nurse answers.

"You think my daughter is pregnant?" Amelia asks trying to contain her excitement.

"It is possible, the ultrasound will prove it. Along with a blood test" the doctor states. She prepares to take some blood.

'The doctor needs some of your blood' Amelia signs and Anastasia growls. She hates needles with a passion. "My daughter hates needles" she tells the doctor.

"Then we'll have to use an urine pregnancy test then" she states as she puts the needle down. The nurse appears with the ultrasound motion. He leaves after setting it up. 'Ok, this will be cold' she signs to Anastasia. Who nods her head lifting up her shirt to reveal her stomach.

The doctor places some gel on it and she shivers slightly. The doctor puts some gel on the wand and places it on her stomach. She turns on the screen and starts to scan for any signs of cubs. She soon finds what she is looking for. "There we are, one cub. Lets see if there are any others" she says with a smile.

Amelia translates and Anastasia smiles overjoyed by the thought of having her own cubs. She can't wait to tell Adrian. In the end they found three growing cubs. According to the doctor they are healthy. She proscribed some medication with the nausea. Also did one for prenatal vitamins. Telling Anastasia to come back in a fortnight for another check up.

Then Amelia and Anastasia go home with a photo of the ultrasound. When they arrive, they are greeted by a worried Adrian. Anastasia hugs him tightly smiling. "Is she ok? I heard you went to the pride healer" he says concerned.

"Oh she's perfectly fine, ask her" Amelia tells him before going to look for her mate. To tell him the great news. Anastasia soon pulls away from Adrian and hands him the ultrasound.

'What is this?' he asks her confused.

"Ultrasound" she says not knowing the sign for it.

'Wait, are you pregnant?' he asks her excited. She nods her head. He picks her up and spins her around once smiling with joy. 'How many?' he asks.

'Three' she signs. 'Can we only tell family for now? Until I start to show?' she asks.

'Of course, besides once you start to show. You will have to be moved to the den in tiger form. Do not worry, it is private property. So there will be no humans' he assures her. She nods her head and they go inside.

Adrian organized a family dinner. Everyone was overjoyed by the news. Also the coronation was pushed back until the after the future cubs had their first birthday. As they do not need the extra stress of being new rulers while raising three newborn cubs. But Adrian will help make some decisions, so he'll be ready to take over. He's mother will also give Anastasia queen lessons whenever she gets some down time.