Ten

TW: Mentions of Suicide

*Alex's POV*

As I was driving home, I had felt like I had accomplished something. I could now guarantee that Jessica would ignore me.

Days passed with no communication from either of us. I had visited Lindsay at her house a few times, but didn't stay over and Jessica was actively avoiding me. I knew I had made a mistake, yet it didn't feel like I had.

I kept remembering the feeling of her luscious lips delicately leaving my own, and was... disappointed? I knew that nothing could happen between us, but not being able to have her made me want her even more. She was forbidden and it was killing me inside.

I hadn't been able to look at another woman sexually without comparing them to her.

What the hell was wrong with me?

This obsession over Jessica was leaving me confused and extremely frustrated. Sexually frustrated, that is. I was able to hide my change in behaviour quite easily from Lindsay and everybody else, but every time her gaze would accidentally fall on me in class, I had a feeling that she could see through it all. My facade, my bravado, my walls.

That scared me. That scared me a lot. I was petrified to admit it, but I think I was starting to develop feelings for her. They were forming fast, and I was fearful that if I were to blink, I wouldn't be able to pull myself out of the hole I was digging myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by my Dad and brother returning home from the grocery store. I helped unpack the items and assisted my father as he started on dinner. I was unsure of what he was making until he pulled out the lasagne sheets. I jumped on my Dad, squeezing him as hard as I could.

"Okay, Alex. You're going to kill me," he whined, faking a choke due to how hard I was holding him. He knew lasagne was one of my favourite dishes, so he would have to deal with the consequences. After a few more seconds of my assault, I let go and continued helping, now extremely giddy for the food I was soon to grace my stomach with.

Dinner was heaven. Not that I believed in heaven, but you know what I mean. It was the most delicious meal ever, and I was able to inhale it within two minutes. I ended up consuming half of the lasagne, even after being repeatedly told to "slow down" or "you're going to feel sick later".

And that I did. I laid hunched over the toilet bowl nearly twenty minutes later puking up the no-longer-delicious lasagne. The funny thing was, I was still hungry.

After a large amount of time emptying my stomach into the toilet, I brushed my teeth at least seven times, had a quick shower and crawled into bed. It was Wednesday, so I only had a couple more days left of school for the week.

My mind drifted to the beautiful blonde that had held my attention for the past few weeks. I tried to push the thoughts away, but soon fell asleep, imagining what it would feel like to have my lips against hers once again.

~~~

"WAKEEEE UPPPP!!" Lindsay hollered, making me jump out of my bed and into a lousy Kung Fu Panda pose, ready to defend myself against attackers. She started bawling her eyes out laughing, as I groaned and got ready for the day.

By lunch I was positively starved. I hadn't eaten anything since puking my guts up last night, and was ready to eat Lindsay for all I care. I just needed to eat something! Anything!

I made do with a fatty burger from the cafeteria, alongside a cookie and small milk-box. I had two more lessons for the day, Advanced History then English Literature, and couldn't wait for the day to be over.