Chapter Six

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

"This hotel has a five-star rating, the best hotel room service you could ask for, and the rooms are luxuries," I said quickly, as I guided her to the front desk.

"How do you know so much about this hotel?" Liliana asked as she tried to keep up with me. I leaned on the desk and rang the bell.

"I just so happen to be the owner," I stated simply before turning to whom appears to be a new receptionist.

"Hi welcome to Alba Palace Hotel, what can I do for you?" she asked, you could tell her attitude was fake. I rolled my eyes.

"I need the Presidential suit," I said, she looked back at the computer and typed for a minute before looking back at us.

"I'm so sorry but that room is off-limits to citizens, that's the owners' room," She said sweetly, "can I get you another room?" I grunted and fitted my blazer.

"What's your name?" I asked, irritated.

"Alexia," she answered, I nodded.

"Well, Alexis, I'm Luciano Langello. I own this hotel, so now I need the presidential suit as soon as possible," I started looking her dead in the eyes. Which widened and snapped to me.

"I'm so sorry, boss. I'll get that room for you right away," she rushed out before getting the key. I turned to Liliana who was admiring the flowers I keep in the lobby.

"Those are my mother's favorite flowers," I said walked over to her after taking the key.

"She has amazing taste in flowers," she said with a smile.

"That she does," I said, "I have your key here, the room is already paid for,"

"Luciano, you didn't have to do that. I could've paid for it," she said with wide eyes.

"Nonsense, besides I got you the Presidential Suit which is mine," I said handing her the key. She took it warily.

"Thank you, I'll pay you back," she said.

"Nope, because I'm not taking your money," I said before walking over to the elevator. I heard her footsteps as she tried to catch up with me once again.

"I'll take you to your room and then I'll come back tomorrow to help you look for an apartment or whatever it is you would like to purchase," I said with my hands behind my back.

"Oh ok, thank you so much for doing this, even though you didn't have to," Liliana said, looking down at the floor.

"It's quite alright," I said before my phone pinged. A message from Enzo. I opened it and tensed up. I cleared my throat as the elevator door opened.

"Your room is the only one on this floor, I would stay and help but I have an emergency," I said.

"It's ok, I get it," she said, getting out of the elevator.

"By the way call me Luca," I said causing her to turn around. She was about to respond but the door closed on her. I quickly dialed Enzo and waited for him to answer.

"Luca, it's bad. The house has been attacked, about a quarter of our guards are dead in the front lawn and another fourth is dead in the back yard," he said.

"Is mom alright? She wasn't in the crossfire was she?" I asked, growing angry. If there's one person who could make me feel anything it's that woman.

"She's fine, a bit shaken up but she's good. Dad was shot in the torso," he said.

"How in the world did he get shot? I thought he wasn't home," I growled. I exited the elevator and rushed outside where Franco was waiting for me.

"He was trying to get the money he keeps hidden in his closet," Enzo said sighing. I slammed the door shut and ran a hand through my hair.

"Ok," I said, "I'm going to come home, deal with this, and tomorrow morning I'm going to the warehouse to deal with Davidlee," as if this day couldn't get any more stressful. I hung up before he could get another word out.

"It's all worth it in the end boss," Franco said, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"I sure hope so because this is enough to make me crazy," I answered honestly.