Chapter Thirty-Three

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

Screaming. I woke up to screaming. I looked over to my right to see Liliana shaking her head back and forth screaming. I ripped the wires from my arms and jumped over to her bed, ignoring the pain in both my shoulder and knee.

"Hey, hey, hey," I said slipping in behind her. She continued to thrash around for a minute before calming down.

"It's alright, I got you," I whispered as I moved the hair from her face. I wiped the tears from her eyes and she placed her hand on my arm. She was still out of it but her mind must have been awake if she could do that.

I don't know how long we've been in the same position, my legs on the sides of her and her body in between. My attention moved from her to the door that was slowly opening.

"I heard screaming, everything alright?" Domenico asked walking in, "aren't you supposed to be in your own bed boss?"

"Liliana was screaming, I was able to calm her down," I said looking over at him, "and when have you known me to follow orders," I noticed he was limping.

"What happened to you in there?" I asked.

"Just a dislocated shoulder and a fractured foot nothing major," he said taking a seat on the bed that I was originally on.

"Dom, you're my right hand man, I trust you to take care of different houses or bases while I'm away, I trust you with my life, and you always give me advice when I need it and when I don't," I said.

"What's going on, Luciano?" He asked leaning back.

"I've already talked to mom about it and she thinks I should," I said sighing, "I think I want to propose to her. Now I know I've only known for a little while but I believe that I'm falling in love with her. Plus after we aren't promised a tomorrow,"

"If you think that it is right, then do it. You know I proposed three weeks into dating my wife," he said, "so if you think that you are in love with her and that she is the one for you than go for it. But make sure you both are in the right head space," I nodded and with that he walked out.

After a couple of minutes, I made sure that Liliana was ok before getting out of her bed. I grabbed the extra clothes that I had someone bring this morning. Once dressed, I walked of out of the room with a limp. I opened the door to my office and took at seat at my desk. I texted Leon to come to my office.

"Come in," I said not looking up from the papers I started to go through when I heard a knock at the door.

"You wanted to see me boss," Leon said as he walked in.

"Yes, I need you to get a small group of men together, go to my boat, clean it up, and restock everything. I also need you to make invites a small get together, don't put dates on them yet," I said finally looking up.

"You got it, is there an special occasion for this? We never use the boat," he said.

"I will let you know when I decide on a date," I said simply before waving him off. He shut the door and I went back to the papers that were waiting for me to sign.

I was about to go to the kitchen when I heard something down the hall. I walked the best I could to where I heard the noises from. It was the room Lili is in. I opened the door to see her whispering to herself, looking at the wall.

"Liliana?" I asked making sure not to be too loud. Her head snapped over to me and tears started pouring down her face.

"Luciano..." she said, she held her arms open. I walked over over to her and pulled her into a hug making sure to be carefully with her ribs. She wrapped her arms around my neck and held onto me as if I was going to fade away. Honestly I thought after what happened, she wouldn't want to let anyone touch her.

"I..I thought that I would never see you again, I thought that I was going to die," she said crying into my shoulder, "you don't know how much I wanted for them to just end it for me, I didn't want to be here any longer"

"D-don't say that, Liliana," I said feeling myself choke up, "don't you dare say that, I don't want to hear those words ever from you again,"