Chapter Ten

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

     I groaned as I sat up from the position I was in. I blinked until my sight was clear, I looked around to see that I was in an unfamiliar area.

     "Morning," I heard from the corner of the room I was in. I moved my head over in that direction.

    "Luca?" I asked trying to figure out who it was. The last thing I remember Luca yelling at me about something I had nothing to do with.

    "It's Mr. Langello to you," he said stepping out of the shadows. He looked at me in so much disappointment.

     "I don't understand Lu-Mr Langello," I said looking at him in confusion.

    "What's there not to understand? You were sent here to distract me so that your father could kill me or take what's mine," he said.

    "I don't know what you are talking about," I said, pleading. He scoffed and walked over to me.

    "Lili, Lili, I know that your father is the French Mafia leader," he said with a sinister look on his face.

     "French Mafia? What are you talking about?" I asked really confused this time.

     "Drop the act Liliana," he said, shaking me by the shoulders, making my headache ten times worst.

     "What act? Luciano, please, I'm confused I don't know what you are talking about," I said with tears rolling down my face. You could tell he was growing sick and tired of this. He walked over to what appeared to be a door, he opened it and started talking to whoever was over there. Luciano walked out of the room and in came another person.

     "Enzo, please, what is going on? Why am I here?" I asked, "what is he talking about my father being in the French Mafia?"

    "Are you being serious or are you playing dumb? Because right now we can't trust you," he said sitting in the chair that was in front of me.

     "Am I being serious about what?" I asked.

     "Were you or were you not sent here by your father to distract Luca?" he asked, leaning on his knees.

     "I didn't even know who Luciano was until I ran into him and I still don't know him that well," I said, sniffling, "what does my father have to do about this? Did he find me?"

    "Your father, like Luciano said, is the French Mafia leader," he said, "what do you mean, did he find you?"

     "My friend, Annalise called me about my father being on his way to drag me home," I said leaning my head back, "I basically ran away from home. Because I got accepted into a college down here and they didn't like it. I'm not sure about going to the school anyway but they pushed me to the edge,"

    "Is that why you were at a hair salon and car dealership?" Enzo asked.

     "Yes...how did you know that?" I asked, suspicious.

   "Luciano made us track you," he said, "did you know, truthfully, not know that your father was in the mafia?"

    "No I didn't know, I thought he was a Duke of France," I said.

    "I believe you, but I can't tell you that Luciano is going to believe it. He might have you take a lie detector test," he said rubbing his hand across his forehead. Suddenly we heard a manly scream from a distance.

    "What was that?" I asked panicking.

    "Nothing to worry about," he said before walking out of the room. I sighed as I was left alone. So my father is in the Mafia, that's a lot to take in just that alone. But I mean I guess it makes sense, with the way he makes my mother and I act. 

     I don't know how long I've been in here by myself but I can tell it's been a while. When someone finally came in, it was Enzo again. He kept me company and kept me updated about Luciano.

    It's been a couple of days now and everyday Enzo has come downstairs and talked to me. He gives me breaks from the handcuffs that keep me in the chair. He has brought me food, in all we have become closer, I just wish it was from different circumstances.

     "Hey Lil," Enzo said coming into the room. I gave him a lazy smile.

     "Hi Zo," I said, he smiled and took his usual seat. He looked like he was talking but nothing he said was registering with my brain. One minute he is smiles and then the next he is in my face concerned.        

     And that's all  I remember before everything went black. Honestly, since I've been here that was the best sleep I've gotten.