Chapter Eighteen

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

       I walked out of the bathroom, completely clothed this time, to find Liliana asleep with her arm across her face. I'm guessing to shield her eyes from the sun that was beating onto her face. I walked over to the blinds and shut them before walking over to the other side of the bed to lay down. I pulled the blankets over my body, causing Liliana to roll over. She practically laying on top of me. Although I  didn't mind it, falling right to sleep.

      "Luca...Luca...Luciano...Luci," I heard from beside me. I grunted and turned over. Hearing a squeal, I opened my eyes and saw Liliana on the floor glaring at me. I couldn't help but smile.

     "Good morning," I said getting up then helping her up.

     "It would be a good morning if you hadn't thrown me off the bed," she said sarcastically.

     "Don't be sour. Now today, I was thinking about hitting up this one mall they have here," I said, "it'll be quick, we can't be out long, we never know who could be following us,"

     "Ok, can I stop in a few stores if they have them?" she asked with puppy dog eyes. I feel like I could be lost in those baby blues.

      "Yeah, that's fine," I said, she nodded with a faint smile on her face.

     "Now let's hurry up and get dressed," I said walking over to my suitcase. I grabbed a navy blue suit, which just so happened to be my best-looking suit. After we were dressed, I placed Lili under my arm to keep her close. I texted Franco that we were upfront.

     "Now remember to stay beside me at all times. If I tell you to stay in an area, stay in that area. Don't walk off, and please for the love of all things unholy, do not talk to anyone besides me and Franco," I said looking at her.

     "Sir, yes sir," she said with a smile, causing me to give her an unamused facial expression, "Yes Luca," Finally Franco pulled up.

     I held the door open for Liliana to get in. Once she was in, I crawled in.

     "To the nearest mall," I said leaning up to Franco. He nodded and drove off. The car ride was mainly Liliana talking to Franco. I was of course emailing and messaging everyone under the blue moon. Once at the mall, I put Lili under my arm again and was looking around to make sure we were in the clear. You can never be too cautious.

     "Can we go into H&M?" she asked as she saw the store coming into view. I nodded and we walked into the store. She looked around but never grabbed anything.

     "Do you not want to buy anything?" I asked confused. She shook her head.

      "No I'm good, I don't want anything. I simply want to look around," she said. I nodded and continued to watch her and the environment around us. We walked around a couple more stores before I saw something that caught my attention. I put my arm in front of Lili to stop her from walking anymore.

     "You've got to be kidding me," I said grunting as I realized who those men were that were following us.

     "Lili, go over to that changing room and stay there until I come and get you please," I said pointing in the direction I wanted her to go in. Keeping my eyes on the men, as they were quickly getting closer. I could see that she nodded and ran over to the room, locking the door. I made my way closer to them.

     "Gentlemen, we're in public let's not do anything stupid," I said right after I said that the biggest one threw a punch, "or not,"

      That's when I started throwing punches. I pulled my gun and shot at least three of them leaving one more.

     "C'mon fight me like a man," I said, just as I said that I heard an ear-piercing scream. My attention left the lone soldier and went to the changing rooms. As soon as I saw Lili's face out of the room, I took off. I tackled the man that was trying to take her. I threw so many punches that I lost count.

     "Luciano, come on, there's another one," she said grabbing my arm to tug me off of the one I had tackled. If he ain't dead then he's severely damaged. I got off of him and picked up Liliana quickly exiting the store. I was making my way to the exit when I saw the other soldier running towards us. I grunted, shifting Liliana to my other arm I grabbed my gun and shot at him at least four times.

     "There's the car, run to it and get in," I said placing Liliana down. She nodded and ran towards the car. I made my way over to the wounded soldier I had just shot at. I grabbed him by the hair causing him to wince.

     "Who do you work for?" I asked. When he didn't answer, I stepped on his leg. He closed his eyes trying not to scream.

     "Who do you work for?" I asked again feeling my patience wearing thin.

"I'm...not telling," he said almost as if he was breathless.

"Well, I guess I'll just," I said before slamming his head into the wall, this time he cried out.

      "Now, who do you work for? Or do you need more of a push?" I asked.

     "The Costello's, I work for the Costello's," he blurted out, crying. Pathetic, I thought.

    "Was that so hard? Now what to do with you," I thought.

     "Pl," was all he got out before I placed a bullet through his head.

     "I don't like beggars," I said, before walking out of the mall. I walked over to the car. I opened the door to see Liliana physically shaking. I got in and pulled her over to me, I rubbed her back and let her cry.

     "Did he hurt you?" I asked.

    "I don't think so," she cried, I nodded deciding not to press it until she was calmer. I pulled out my phone and dialed Domenico.

      "Yes, Don?" he said.

      "I need the plane in Huacachina ready in the next hour," I said sighing.

     "What happened down there?" he asked, I could hear him typing away on something.

    "The Costello's found us down here," I said, "I need the plane ready to head to Kek Lok Si, Malaysia,"

    "On it, boss, is there anything else?" he asked.

     "Yes please inform Arturo, that the next time he tries to hit momma that I will personally make him have the most painful and slow death ever imagined," I said, "Enzo called and told me,"

     "Yes sir," he said.

    "Bye," I said hanging up on him. I put my phone back in my pocket.

    "Franco, please call the maids to pack our things in the hotel, we are leaving as soon as possible," I said looking up at him. He nodded not saying anything about it. I looked down at Liliana who had cried herself to sleep, I wiped the tears that were left from her cheek before kissing her head.