- 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐒 -

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

【。_。】 . 【。_。】

Shuichi looked at the book that was placed on the desk in front of him. The confusion must've been noticeable in his eyes, because Korekiyo began to explain before Shuichi could even open his mouth.

"These are the in-and-out records of all my employees. Whenever one of them leaves to go entertain a customer elsewhere while clocked in here at the club, they are required to write their name and the time of when they left and who they left with." Korekiyo told this to Shuichi, explaining it was a safety protocol he had so he knew where his employees were. Because Korekiyo knew some real characters came to his club, and didn't want anything happening to his staff.

Shuichi was looking through the book carefully. It seemed almost like a calendar with names, times, and even the customers name each staff member they left with. Shuichi read every entry with Kokichi's name and he assumed, handwriting where he wrote when he was leaving with who.

" Oma at 11:37 PM with Komaeda-san... Oma at 10:59 with IIdabashi-san ... Oma at 12:45 with Kyosuke-san...  Oma at 8:56 with-" Shuichi paused what he was reading. So far, those three names were all already documented and Shuichi knew those three men were dead, but this newest name he hadn't seen before.

"Momota?.." Shuichi didn't recognize him. He quickly scanned the page for the date. This entry was written-

"This morning!?"

.
.
.

"Oh, there you are. You took forever in there," commented Kokichi when he saw Shuichi step out into the hallway. "Nishishi. What did you guys talk about?" Kokichi asked curiously as he began to follow Shuichi down the hall. "I waited foreveeeer-"

"Sorry, Oma-san. But there's something I need to check." Shuichi excused, walking faster and leaving Kokichi behind. The purple-eyed male frowned a bit when the other so obviously dismissed him. What was his deal?

"I need to ask uncle if anyone with the last name Momota was found killed as of late-"

"Hey! Mr. Stranger!" Kokichi suddenly called out, causing Shuichi to pause and look over his shoulder. 

Kokichi grinned. "Let me tag along, and I'll show you what's in my box." He was holding a white box with a black bow on top. Perhaps the gift Korekiyo mentioned before to encourage Kokichi to leave the room earlier ? Kokichi shook the box a bit, as to tempt Shuichi.

"And you would never believe it, but this is for us to share ~"

.
.
.

"Stay in the car. I need to make a call," directed Shuichi as he sternly reminded Kokichi to sit still in his front passenger seat. Shuichi agreed to let Kokichi come along, but that was because if this Momota person was alive, he would need to ask Kokichi about him and find out where he lived. Yes, Shuichi was debating on believing the chance that Momota was alive. Every person Kokichi had slept with before had been killed, yet Shuichi heard no news of a person with the last name of Momota being a victim.
Every night Shuichi listened to the police radio. Call it pathetic, but he payed closed attention to the world of crime and justice even now. The updates on the 'One Night Killer' were always the hit topic on the radio as of late. But there wasn't a 'Momota' mentioned that Shuichi could think of. Just to make sure, he would ask his uncle since he would know.

"If Oma killed Momota, then that would add up to when he came back this afternoon after he brought me to his house. He could've just come back from the crime, and used the excuse of going out to buy water as an alibi. After I fainted the night before, it could have been Momota who helped Oma carry me to the house. That would make sense.."  Shuichi thought to himself before he snapped out of it, adding the truth bullet in memory.  He smiled nervously at Kokichi and shut the door before he pulled out his phone and dialed his uncle's number.

Shuichi hadn't spoken to him since he was fired from the agency, but he didn't expect his uncle wouldn't answer the phone at all. The blue-headed male sighed under his breath, gazing over at his phone with sadness.

And while Shuichi was doing that, Kokichi couldn't help but get curious. He knew nothing about this guy, not in the slightest, yet he had a feeling the stranger knew more than he let on. Kokichi's eyes glanced around the car where he sat. It was quite clean. It smelled nice, like pine and soap. The exotic entertainer began to look around here and there, peering his head over the seat , but then his eyes noticed the glove compartment in front of him.

"I shouldn't be surprised.. He's probably still angry.." Shuichi murmered to himself, shoving his phone deeply back into his pocket before he opened the door. But he paused when he saw Kokichi's hands by the glove compartment like they were reaching for it. Immediately Shuichi grabbed his wrist.

"Hey-"

Shuichi wasn't sure what else to say or do. His badge was in there along with his I.D. He should've remembered that before be let the suspected killer in his car, but Kokichi broke the moment of heavy tension with a smile.

"Jeez, I was just curious. You left me in here with nothing to do!" He laughed. Shuichi sighed and got in the car, settling in his seat before he started the car. "Sorry," he apologized quietly , seeming relieved.

"Nishishi. No worries," laughed Kokichi as he turned his gaze to look out the window. But as his face turned away from Shuichi's line of view, Kokichi's expression turned dark, his smile unsettling and disturbing

"No worries at all.." he thought to himself, clutching the Detective's badge that belonged to Shuichi in his hand.

"Mr. Detective..."

【。_。】 . 【。_。】