Broken Soul

(This is just something I wrote out of the blue.)

Sc: Hey
Eq: What's up?
Sc: Can I tell you a story?
Eq: Sure

Sc: Once, there was a boy, very handsome too. He lived in a village where the people were always kind to each other. His parents loved and cherished him, or so they thought. The boy would always put on a smile in front of his parents like he was okay. But he was suffering.

His parents always wanted to control his life, but he didn't mind. All he ever wanted was their proper care and attention. He wanted them to listen to him and how he felt about certain things.

He wanted them not to criticize him and to just accept him for he was and who he wanted to become. But to him, it never seemed like they were pleased with him. They always found something to say or something to criticize. They loved him, but sometimes he didn't think so.

He started to go into depression, day by day weeks to years.
He cried when everyone was asleep and always hoped it would get better, that one day they'd stop judging him and just accept him. That wasn't the case though.

Whenever he talked about how he felt, his parents would always be vexed, or compare his problems with others like his problems didn't mean anything to them. That hurt him, but he didn't show it.

The boy had friends that he'd confide in, and they helped and cared a lot more. He wasn't used to this, so he did something foolish. He made them hate him, one by one until they were all gone.

The boy was all alone now. No one to even careless. He couldn't trust his parents, so he just stayed by himself.

One day when his parents were working, he wrote a letter to all his friends then one to his parents.
He took all the pills he could find in the house. After his 35th, he started to feel dizzy. He took 5 more and fell to the ground. Dead.

His parents came in the night and screamed at the sight they saw. His friends were behind his parents, caused they helped his parents with some bags as not to be rude.
They fell to their knees, tears falling from their eyes.

The boy was there, pills all over his chest and in his hands and water on the floor.

One of his friends found a letter which read:

Dear My friends 😂
I lied to every one of you about everything, y'all did nothing wrong. I just wanted to be selfish for once, I hope you'll forgive me soon.
Nercus.

They were all in shock. They couldn't say a word.

His parents found one, and it just had one sentence:
"You didn't do anything, so don't worry."
Sc finished with a sigh.

Eq: Damn... what's the meaning of that story though? Your imagination is just dark.
So... what's the meaning?

Sc: It has a lot of meanings. You just have to find the right one/s.

Eq: Huh?

Sc chuckled as he faded away.

"I'm glad I could see Eq again, even though he didn't recognize me, or that story"

He smiled as he faded out of his friend's dream.

Eq awoke, epiphany hitting him like a truck.

Tears fell from his face as he recognized who was in that dream.

That "Sc"

"Nercus"