E P I L O G U E

[  Years later  ]

~ Vincent ~

"Take good care of her, Mr.Zaphyr, or else you will be literally on fire."

Skyler always had a way with words.

More like threats.

I chuckled, "Don't worry about that." I then glanced at Emily, "You do know that I will."

Emily smiled, "Of course, Vincent. Just don't mind my overprotective best friend."

Skyler rolled her eyes, "Whatever, now where's Derek?"

"Somebody called me?"

With that, Derek made his dramatic entry at the airport.

Walking towards my way, he pulled me into a bone crushing hug, "Will miss you, buddy." He wiped away fake tears, "Come back soon."

As I'd said, dramatic dramatic Derek.

I rolled my eyes, "It's just a week, and you're making it sound like we'll be gone forever."

He brushed it off, "Yeah, yeah. But normally, honeymoon is after the wedding, right?" He smirked, causing us to widen our eyes.

"We aren't going on honeymoon. It's vacation, Derek." Emily defended.

He snorted, "Okay, whatever floats your boat."

Even after all these years, Derek hadn't changed a bit. He was still the carefree soul who did whatever pleased him. Let it be writing, reading, traveling, blogging, vlogging, or anything under the sun.

He truly was the definition of living life to the fullest.

He was still pretty much single, giving us lame excuses every time when that topic popped up.

It's his life, his decisions. Right?

As of Skyler, she pursued her career as a social media influencer, and last year, she got married to Rayne, who's now our state basketball player.

The same year, Emily graduated, possessing a PhD. in psychology. She now runs her own clinic as a renowned therapist, thereby helping humans like me.

Yeah. Like mother, like daughter.

I'm so proud of her. Like always.

I still remember how flabbergasted each of them were, when we announced our relationship to them.

Their reactions were priceless.

After completing school, Emily had to move to another city for further studies, which was not at all easy for me.

I would check up on her daily, through phone calls, and four of us had made plans to meet and hang out at least once a month. Long distance relationships were never easy, but as she had always said, we did come through, somehow.

And about me, I look after The Zaphyr's company as a humble heir. For the past few years, my dad has taught me how to be a good businessman like him. I was glad that my parents were happy with my progress with the company.