(#87) Calm Before The Storm

No one slept that night.

Or more specifically, no one could sleep that night.

Those who didn't know about the reason were feeling nervous because of that.

And those who knew were feeling nervous because of that.

In short, nervousness filled the country.

The next day, everyone started getting ready for the Assembly Meeting.

Everyone tensed something negative in the atmosphere, so none dressed lavish and posh.

Even though the season was starting to become spring, there was a shadow of grey rain clouds throughout the capital.

Even the weather seemed to be in sync with the situation of the capital.

As every family reached the Assembly an even tense atmosphere was created there.

"We don't have much time to waste. Since only a selected few know the reason behind this meeting. We will quickly get to the matters." King Lindon said and we all nodded.

"Lydia has started a war with us." The King said.

Gasps of shock and horror filled the hall.

"Quiet down please." The King said and a temporary silence was beheld.

"So, we need to be prepared to go on war with them." The King said.

"And as a part of the preparation, we need a specific amount of soldiers from each family and a commander head, who shall be obedient to the Grand Commander." The King said.

"Your Highness." Count Barrel said and got up.

"Yes?" Lindon asked.

"I don't think there is a need such as soldiers from each family. I am very sure that the soldiers at the borders itself, would be more than enough." Count Barrel said.

"Any objections?" The King asked.

"Yes, Your Highness," I said.

"Please continue, Lady Aesther," King said.

"Lydia is a country that has nothing but fertile lands and fertile lands. It is small in comparison with other countries, and so is their army.

But, for such a small country to start a war, there is something fishy about it. Avalon is a rich country, which many countries have set their eyes upon.

So, Lydia might be just the decoy. The real mastermind can indeed be any other countries." I said.

"Fair point. Any objections." I said.

"Your Highness Lindon." King Adelouis got up.

"I think, then we should hasten up with the current army. We can't waste time with that." King Adelouis said.

"I had already alerted the army the day before yesterday," Lindon said.

"Yes, Your Highness. I can testify for that." Sir Ruenti said.

"Lady Aesther had already notified me." King Lindon said.

"How was Lady Aesther already notified of this so early?" Count Millet asked.

"While I was going through the Revenue record, I sensed something fishy since Lydia hadn't sent us grains for some months in a row," I said.

"Alright. I don't want this court to be filled with useless talks. We will talk the matter." King Lindon said.

"All the Houses are to submit the names of the soldiers going to the Battle and the House Commander, by evening," Lindon said.

"By Evening? That is too early." Count Barrel said and something others agreed.

"House Aesther has already submitted, dear ministers." King Lindon said with a hint of irony and held the scroll in from the Assembly.

"So unless you want to fall behind, I suggest that all of the rest Houses submit as early as possible." King Lindon said.

King Adelouis then asked for the scroll and King Lindon handed it over to him.

"Seems like House Aesther is again the first." King Adelouis said.

"The Commander Head is no their current Heiress, Anastasia Aesther." The King said.

***

As the news of me being the Commander Head of the Aesther House spread into the city, the public started taking it as a matter of great loyalty towards the nation.

They started making rhymes in honor, and playwrights started writing creative stories.

Watching all that was happening, sitting on my windowpane, a smile formed upon my lips.

"Ana." I heard Belle's voice.

"Was this necessary?" She asked.

"I feel it is," I said.

"Then I shall support you. But I am getting a bad feeling of this." Belle said.

"Everything is going to be fine," I said.

"I hope it will." She said.

"And Belle," I called her.

"Yes, Ana?" She asked.

"Open me a bottle of wine," I said.

"I want to feel the pleasure of being drunk, for one last time," I said.

Yes. I did say last

-------------------

Special Note For the Readers.

Thank You for your amazing support, to all the readers.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.

So, till next time,

Je Vous Aimez💕💕

Last updated on 30/03/2021