(#25) Turned Down

"So... May I be that guy?" He asked and it made my eyes widen. My tongue couldn't form any words.

He looks at me expectantly. At that time, Avara, out of nowhere, and sat on his shoulder.

"Look Kyle. I really enjoy the time I have with you. But I am sorry." I said and looked down.

"I get the feeling of a good friend with you. I am very sorry. Maybe it just is the circumstances and surrounding. But I really don't want to engage in a relationship.

I am afraid I have important things other than relationships. Because you see people dating have I.Q less than zero, mainly girls.

And I am going through a situation where I need to use my brain to the maximum." I said, looking at his face.

"That is alright." He says with a face fighting between a fake smile with his teeth gritted.

"I can wait. If I can wait for years I can just wait for some more." He said.

"No, I don't want you to. I don't want you to waste your whole life on me. I want you to return and find the girl of your dream and live your life blissfully with her." I said.

"And that girl is you." He said.

"No. Let me tell you one thing, Kyle." My voice becoming a bit of stern.

"When I fell into that pond I realized something, something very wrong and something that I need to change. And I am just going through that Change.

And it is not just me, it is the people around me too. Some, I have to cherish and others, they have to... pay." I said.

His hands started to shake. "True. I can see something very different about you, from the last time I saw you.

Back then, you were so sweet, innocent, careless and carefree. Now, you have become more calculative, intelligent and very very careful. You react to the movement of every leaf.

And I really wish that you can go back to the careless little girl I saw you back then." He said.

"Well, I wouldn't wish the same if it could get me killed." I said.

"Carelessness won't get you killed." He said. "Trust me, it will and badly." I said.

Because I have experienced.

"Th-then I suggest that you go back soon." He said and I nodded.

"I really hope that we can be good friends though." I said. "I hope so too." He said.

But it had a hint of otherwise.

"Then, Farewell." I said and he nodded.

I then walked back to my carriage.

But on instinct, I suddenly walked back to him. And the sight before almost made me wish that I hadn't walked back here.

Kyle was stabbing Avara with the dagger he was having.

"Kyle what are you doing?" I said and took Avara from him. She was bleeding but it was not a fatal one.

"Are you out of your mind? It is Avara. How can you do this to her." I asked.

"She had a connection to this case. I am afraid that she will remind me." Kyle said.

"You are insane, Kyle!" I screamed. "And that is the only thing I am not right now." Kyle said.

"No. You can be a lot better." I said. "I don't care." He said.

"I don't want to see you like this, Kyle. And I hope that the next time we meet, you are in a better state." I said and I didn't wait another moment there.

I turned back to get into the carriage, with Avara in my hand.

When I got inside, Father was already awake.

"Went out with Lian?" Father asked. "Yes." I said. "Your complexion tells me that it didn't end well." Father said and I nodded.

"Did he confess?" Father asked. "Being a Royal Advisor really helps you to read people well." I said.

"And that was an indirect yes." Father said and I nodded.

Father then tapped on the window and the footman opened the door. "What is the matter, Lord Aesther?" He asked.

"Stop near a veterinary when you see one." Father said and looked at me. I just smiled. 

------------------------------------------------

Special Note for Readers

You guys have shown me real great support since I have started the story.

Many people have asked question. I wanna tell that I havent forgotten them I will answer them in one chapter, alright.

So till them,

Luv Y'all 💕💕

Last updated on 23-8-2020