(#13)An Aid to Father

"So everyone, have you all arranged the things I have asked you to?" I asked. "Yes My Lady." They all replied in unison.

"Now you all can go back to your dormitory. That is, except Maid Bella." I said and all of the bowed and dispersed.

Suddenly the great entrance door opened.

My Father walked in.

"Father!" I went and hugged him. "Dear daughter, I just came from work. I am sure that I am drenched in sweat." Father said.

I smiled.

"Really? I don't think so." I said and smiled even wider.

"Oh Goodness." He said and covered his eyes. "What's the matter, Father?" I asked. "Nothing. You are just shining too brightly." Father said.

For a moment we both just looked at each other. The next moment, we both started laughing.

"Oh Father, seriously?" I asked and continued laughing.

"Anyway Marie." I called her and she came to me with a tray in her hand. I took a towel from the tray and wiped his sweat from the forehead.

"There you go, Father." I said and smiled again. "Don't your cheeks hurt when you smile like this?" Father asked. "It worth it, for you, Father." I said and smiled again.

"Belle, is the bathe ready?" I asked. "Yes, My Lady." She replied.

"Alright Father. Now have a good bath." I said and patted his head. "Sure, my dear Daughter." Father said and smiled.

When Father departed to his room, I looked at Belle. She nodded.

"Father will finish bathing soon. Bring the dried chamomile and some ice cubes." I said and she nodded.

"There is no one in the kitchen now, is there?" I asked. "No." She replied. "Good. Did you inform them of the fee deduction when they break a rule?" I asked.

"Yes, My Lady." She replied. "Good." I said and she bowed. She then left for the kitchen.

She returned with a tray having two bowls, with one filled with dried chamomile and the other with ice cubes.

"Keep the dried chamomiles and ice cubes on the tea tray and take the tray back to the kitchen." I said and she nodded and did as she was told.

Father returned from bath in casual dress. "Freshened up, Father?" I asked. "Always, my dear daughter." He said and I nodded.

His eyes then went over to the table. "This is... " "Ice brewed tea for you, Father." I said and smiled.

"Oh, that's so nice of you, dear. But where it you get it from?" Father asked.

"The Roman traders came by. I went to them and bought it. They called it, um... muse... musetel." I said.

"But in Avalon we call it chamomile, don't we?" I asked. Father nodded, smiling.

"We will take it to your office, Father. I know that you have a lot of documents to go through." I said and he smiled again.

I then took the tray. "Bella please go to the kitchen and bring three cups." I said and she nodded. Then bowed and departed to the kitchen.

I then followed Father to his study room with the tray in my hands. Belle soon followed with three cups.

"I will serve you the tea after you finish your work, Father." I said. "Chamomile is good for sleep, and I don't want Father to sleep on the documents." I said and smiled.

Father returned me the smile.

Father was concentrating on his work while I and Belle were concentrating on him working. It was almost impossible to peel my eyes off it.

"What's the matter, Ana?" Father asked with concern as he looked over at me.

"Nothing Father." I smiled. "I guess I am addicted to see you working. It's a good kind of addict though. I just like seeing you work, Father." I smiled.

"Dear daughter, I sometimes wonder, that won't your cheeks hurt if you keep smiling like that." Father said and I smiled again.

"And there you go smiling again." Father faked a sigh and I laughed. Belle simply smiled.

"And I have good news for you." Father got up from his chair and walked to the tea table and sat opposite to me. My eyes never left him.

"What is it?" I asked. Even though it was me who had asked. I could feel Belle's eagerness too.

I asked the court for a leave and they gave it to for a week starting the next week." He said and my eyes gleamed with happiness.

"That's amazing." I said, unable to veil my happiness.

"I know. I send a letter to Butler Hynes that we will be coming to the South Aesther property next week and to arrange for three rooms. Me, you and Belle." Father said.

"Oh Goodness, I was just about to tell you about bringing Belle. You know what, Father. We are a match made in heaven." I said.

"Young Lady that is a phrase you used to describe your lover." Belle said.

"I know, silly. My Father is my First Love." I said and Father blushed. "Oh Goodness, Prince Louis will certainly be jealous." Belle said.

"Great Belle! You just know how to ruin the mood." I said. "That's exactly what I thought." Father said.

"Of course Father. We are a match made in the heaven." I said and we three had a joyous late night snack.

After everything, I and Belle accompanied Father to his bedroom. "Goodnight, Father." I said.

"I am not very sure about that. I have been not getting good sleep lately." Father said.

"It's alright. That will change starting today." I said and Father raised his eyebrow.

"From today onwards, I am going to serve you Chamomile tea every night." I said.

"According to the herbal books, the Russian Musetel or the European chamomile has a lot antioxidanti called apigena (present day, apigenin) which will help in releasing stress and cause calming effect to the body." I said.

"How do you know this much?" Father asked, surprised. "Anything for you, Father." I said.

Father then kissed my forehead. "Thank You, for being my daughter." I said.
"No, thank you, for being my Father." I said.

---------------------------------

Special Note to readers

Thank You all for reading my stories until now.

Thank You for the 180+ readers. 

And I would very much appreciate it, if you people comment and share my stories.

Please follow so that I can know you all better.

Also read my other book, P.S.S (Personal Spy Secretary)

Luv Y'all 💕💕