Chapter 31- F*ck

6 days before the move
1:07 a.m
-in your uncle zanes office

"I think it's best to understand that you could have simply heard them wrong, you were sleepy right? It could have been a mix of dreams in your head vs the real world, or it could've been a completely made up event based off of past trauma, that is a highly probable possibility. I think that would be the most reasonable explanation here darling, you should go back to bed now." Your uncle spoke, staring at you in false worry. Leave it to his brother to fuck things up for them.

You were almost positive that this guy was some kind of doctor, and he could probably help you in this situation, or at least get you to understand your feelings better. Cause we need a lot of understanding right now, and your head chaos, just pure chaos.

"Oh, well I guess that makes some sort of sense" you spoke bluntly, you had grown slightly wary of the family at this point, taking a million steps back from all the progress you had made, this whole time your probably should have been gathering data so you could escape this place sooner! It was kind of idiotic to think that literal kidnappers could be nice people, you weren't supposed to feel like they were nice people in the first place, this is so fucked up and you didn't even try to notice it!

"Are you alright? You look conflicted, cmere, come sit with me" he spoke, patting the plush couch next to him, before you dragged yourself dip from the laying position you had comfortably settled in.

"I just don't know what's wrong, b/ns fine, I'm fine, the rest of us are all fine and dandy, but it feels like it's all going to set on fire, like dumpster fire when someone throws more gasoline on it, I don't know if it's something wrong with me, or if it's just that I'm still terrified of what could happen to b/n and me, but I just can't take it. I'm not y/n anymore, I'm some completely different person, my hair is pitch black for gods sake!" You spoke, grasping at the hair that was magically smooth and black one morning. You just... woke up with it. You hadn't gotten to talk that often, like really talk without getting brushed off as "too little to understand", it felt nice to have someone truly listen.

"Oh honey, I wished I knew sooner, nothings wrong with you, that's normal for everyone,
Your life has taken a big change, it's taking a toll on you, we want what's best for you, and I know it's unfair right now, your struggling. You'll feel much better soon, I promise" the words that left his mouth felt meaningless on both sides, getting better actually takes development you know? We have absolutely none of that here.

"Okay then, thanks for listening I guess" you spoke, feeling off about the wierd glances he was giving you,

—————————- times skip—————————-

"Fuck you" slade spoke to his cousin, cadaver, the two were playfully being idiots while taking care of b/n, while the young boy looked between the two and giggled.

"No, fuck you" cadaver wheezed out from his current position, t-posing on the floor. The other grinned, putting his hands up and biting the air imitating a cat or something.

"Fuck you you stupid ugly as-" he started up, his hair swished from the side to the side as he sat up, although he was particularly creepy times he could definintly be defined as attractive, not in your generic pretty boy way though, more in a "psycho murdereur just committed mass homicide!" Way.

"Fuck?" B/n questioned from his place enxt to slade in the couch, the second that the words came out of his mouth the two instantly regretted their foolish actions, you probably wouldn't care that much if he learned a curse word or two, but their dads would, for it could "possibly upset you". And upset you were, as you heard the words slip from the two year olds mouth while walking back to your room to fall back asleep.

"Nononononono-"

"Oh god, oh no"

"What?" You asked the two, staring them down as captain Levi would, a dark look gloomed over your face, out of all people to teach a toddler curse words, you wouldn't expect slade- actually you would expect slade, but cadaver? Really man? He was the good one!

"Oh heyyyyyyyy doll! what are you doing, I thought you were in dreamland?" Slade piped up, instantly bolting in front of you and bending down to your height, smiling his wide, toothy smile that looked like it belonged in a horror movie. The other male sent silent glares to the toddler, he was gonna get him in trouble with you!

"Fuck!" The little toddler cursed, this time yelling and throwing his arms up and exclaimed with a too-happy undertone. You looked in bewilderment at the two boys, what were. they. even. Thinking?.

"We didn't do that. That was the ghost, Hisoka morrow , she says the weirdest things sometimes, yep, superrrr weird" cadaver spoke, shooting you from the floor and picking up the small boy while patting him on the head and halting at him, a little too harshly dor the situation at hand. He thought you wouldn't notice, as you usually remained oblivious to all of this kinda thing,

You did notice

It really wasn't all that hard to see, the ring handling of a two year old, the constant loving touches on you, the glares sent to b/n unneceraily, it just all made sense now, it went ignored by you for too long, you had chalke dig up to coincidence that they always looked angry when he was around, but it just kinda clicked. You had previously had... sparks of motivation, telling yourself to get out , but then never acting on it as you didn't feel it was necessary for the time and place. That was stupid and naive of you... holy shit that therapy guy did do a lot didn't he?

——————-baby time skip————————

You had eventually pried b/n out of cadavers arms and scolded himself lightly, telling that "that's a no-no word" and glaring like a hellcat at the two teenagers, they were slightly amused by your behavior, and also slightly scared of it. They had been taught from a young age that women were amazing and magical creatures of light and should be respected, exact words from their grandfather, you were more or less a little girl in their eyes, but still female all the same, and they didn't want to get their asses beat by their parents for making fun of you.

And so they just walked you to your room with b/n half asleep in your arms, and helped you climb into the bed with the small boy, and the two older parents. It actually looked like a small family, and it almost looked ... cute, minus b/n of course.when the two realized the time they were slightly suprised, how was it already two o'clock? And so they left your sleeping form after tucking you in without waking the others, and left, slade making one final foment in the hallway before walking off,

"I kinda wish we could've met her on more normal circumstances you know? I hate seeing her scared of us, then again, she seems to be happier here"
——————————————————————-

I think we're nearing the end of this story, and I also think that this chapter is all over the place, sorry bout that.

Have the most fabulous day today, bye bye 👋

-pic