Chapter 42 [Edited]

Chapter 42

            The 'back up pack house' or the safe house as I'd like to call it at the moment was much more smaller than the actual one but it had more of a homely feeling to it. Colton told me that this was where our parents would usually get together and that they decorated it together. I could point out the decorations and colours that my Mum most likely picked out. I suppose that's why it felt more homely. Mason hadn't brought up our parents death not even to Lucy. Chace, Skylar and Aden had called all their mates to check up on them. So far so good.

         We decided to take a break from our revenge plan. We needed to rest. My wounds had healed and I felt much better. I found some old clothes in one of the rooms and I had slipped on the sweater and jeans after I had showered the next morning. I couldn't sleep properly last night. I tossed and turned yet again with the images of my parents death, it was traumatising. Colton had woken me up in the night, he told me that I was crying and shaking in my sleep. Mason had came in to the room as well but we didn't talk about their deaths. Colton had tried to hold me in the middle of the night when I got up from my room and walked into his but my body was still in pain but just being beside him was calming for me and my wolf.

          I could tell Colton was agitated and that his mind was all over the place with the whole Nicklaus thing. He stared at the TV blankly and acted like he was calm and collected but he was far from it. Logan had taken Natalia out despite Connors protests. He wanted his sister in his sight all the time. They even shared a room together because Connor wouldn't allow Natalia to sleep beside Logan. Connor slept on the chair one of the room while Natalia slept on the bed. I could tell Logan respected and admired the fact that Connor was protective over his sister it just annoyed him that it meant Logan had certain restrictions with his mate when Connor was around.

           I could sense that Mason was back from his run. I could feel him. I stepped outside of the house where the wind was howling violently. I noticed him sat beside a tree, his head was down he was in deep thought. I sat beside him and he looked up at me with a small smile. "Hey Katherine," 

I gave him a small smile back, "we need to talk about-"

"Mum and Dad?"

I breathed out slowly "Yeah."

"Okay, but do you wanna go on a quick run before we talk?"

"You just came back from a run,"

"We haven't ran together in years."

I smiled, "Yeah sure."

         I hid behind a tree, stripped off and shifted into my wolf form. For the past few weeks my wolf had become restless as she hadn't been let out in ages but now she was content. My clothes were held between my teeth and I walked over to Mason who had shifted into his golden brown wolf.

            'Ready to run?' He asked through the mind link and I nodded. It's been ages since me and Mason communicated through the mind link. We ran around the territory for what felt like hours and then we found our self back in the place we were in. I hid behind the tree, shifted back into my human form and slipped on my clothes.

"Ready to talk?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I'm sorry," He said and I frowned.

"What, why?"

"I should have been here for you. We should have came to you sooner. You've been through so much."

           I shook my head, "Mason there was nothing you could do. In fact it's my fault I was here and yet I couldn't do anything. I didn't do anything," A tear fell from eye and Mason slung his arm over my shoulder in a comforting way, "I watched them die Mason in front of my eyes and I couldn't even help them. I haven't seen them in three years and now they're gone. Forever," I sobbed.