Chapter 38 [Edited]

Chapter 38

Katherine's P.O.V

       I slowly pried my eyes open. Everything was a blur at first and I felt the harsh cold air hit my stomach where my wound was. I let out a gasp and my vision cleared up. I lowered my head to see a girl knelled down in front of my stomach with some bandages covered in blood. I frowned as she looked up at me and smiled. It was that girl from before. What was her name again? Natalia?

         "I applied some bandages on you after you passed out," she told me, "it helped to heal slightly and not get your wound infected but I had to take them off before Nicklaus saw." She picked up a bag and got out a piece of cake and water. It looked delicious. "I brought you some food but don't tell Nicklaus. Since your hand is tied up I suppose I have to feed it to you-"

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked.

She gave me a sympathetic look and then looked down at the ground, "you shouldn't be here. You should have to endure this. You don't deserve it."

"So why are you on their side?" she looked up at me, "you see what they do yet you remain here. Why?"

"I'm not the bad guy,"

"Then why are you on their side? Unless you're confused much like Liam! God I miss him and my boys."

She frowned but spoke "I have to be and who's Liam? Is he your mate?"

"No. Liam's my best friend, he's like my brother. Colton is my mate. And what do you mean you have to be?"

"We're in debt. Nicklaus saved us from rogues when we were looking for a new place to live. We didn't know this is where we would be ending up."

"Wait. Who's we?"

She was going to answer but then Connor came in, she didn't have time to hide the bandages. He looked at the bandages and then clenched his jaw. "What are you doing Natalia"? He hissed.

"Helping her." She answered timidly.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"N-no."

"Well get out of here before Nick comes back and dispose of those bandages."

"She needs to be fed Con. She's going to be so weak." Con?

"She'll be alright."

"Please."

        "Fine but hurry up." He left and I let her feed me some on the cake she then gave me something that looked like a tablet, she said it would cover my breathe so that it didn't smell like I was eating .I noticed that Natalia had this power over Connor. I don't mean a rank one like an Alpha over a Beta but more of a loving one. Are they mates? Or even related somehow?

Colton's P.O.V

I can't take this anymore! I punched the wall beside me which caused a dent, I then placed my arms on the wall and took some deep breaths. "Colton what happened?" Mason asked me.

"I can't take this anymore," I growled and punched the wall again. I turned to face the boys, I knew my eyes were now dark. "I can feel her pain. She fucking needs us now! We have to help her.

I punched the wall besides me causing a dent. I then placed my arm on the wall and then put my forehead on my arm, taking in deep breathes. "But we can't. We have to stick to the plan." Mason assured me, he tried to make it seem calm but I could hear the pain behind those words.

"I can't take it anymore she's my mate and she's in pain!"

"And you think that we can handle this so well? She's my sister and I know she's in pain. It's killing me but in order to save her we need to stick to the plan!"

"I don't care. I'm going to get my mate now with or without you,"

"Fine." Chace said. "We'll go but we have to be smart about this."

"We need to go NOW!"

        "We haven't even got an exact location of the place. And what happens if we attack now and then we get caught and locked up as well or if we all die? How are we meant to save Katherine then?" Skylar told me.

"We have to plan this out properly." Liam added.

"He's right." Aden told me.

I breathed in and out, calming myself, "Fine."

Katherine's P.O.V

       I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep until the sound of heels clicking against the marble floor awoke me and caught my attention. My arms were aching from the chains. I raised my head to see... Kayla?

What the hell? Is there no escaping this girl?

        She stood before me with a smirk on her face. Her green eyes were sinister it felt like I was looking into the devils soul. She enjoyed watching me in pain I knew that it made her feel powerful. She tutted and came closer to me. "Poor Katherine all locked up with no Prince Charming to save her." She said as she twirled a lock of her blonde hair around her finger and pouted. I didn't respond to her instead I glared. "I must credit my mate he does take the word 'torture her' to a pretty good level, wouldn't you agree?"

Now that caught my attention. "Mate?" I asked surprised.

She laughed bitterly, "So I see your Alpha didn't tell anyone."

"Logan knew?"

"Yes he did, I don't know how he figured it out. I was surprised but still. Anyways, how did you think Nick got the information of what's happening in the pack house? Wasn't it the least bit suspicious that Nick AND me were on a low key?" Then it hit me Kayla did seem to have quietened down and supposedly disappear as soon as Nicklaus did.

"Why are you doing this to your own pack, Kayla?"

She scoffed and came closer to me. "Why not?! I've been getting crap from that pack all those years! I thought Colton loved me but he didn't instead he tore my heart out into tiny pieces for who? For you. That pathetic girl from the Midnight Pack. You might have changed look wise but your past will always haunt you."

      I laughed sourly, "What heart? You don't have a heart! If you did you would've dragged your mate to the light or not even be here, in fact you would have been on the other side! Anyways is that what it is? Jealousy? Rivalry for the Alpha's heart? You know why he didn't choose you because I'm his mate and all you'll ever be is the pack bitch. You and Nicklaus deserve each other. Wanna know why? Because you're both selfless cowards who hide in the dark because they're too afraid to come out of it themselves."

         I saw the rage build up in Kayla's eyes and then she slapped. "You're the bitch here Katherine. You played with Logan and Colton's heart at least I knew who I wanted. When he rejected me I found my mate. I didn't play with anyone's heart unlike you,"

Her words hurt but I didn't allow her to see how they affected me, "well it takes one to know one."

Picture: Natalia

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Comment and vote. Sorry if it's short. Hope you enjoyed it :)Just to clear things up this doesn't mean Logan worked for the enemy or betrayed them it simply means he didn't tell anyone about Kayla and Nick being mates and Kayla was the one giving Nick on the updates in the house. Check out my other stories whenever you have time :D