CHAPTER 22

LILY POV:

I danced around the kitchen as I was preparing dinner. Music was playing around the house as I sung along. I was cutting veggies for pasta when I heard a door creak. I stopped my movements, listening intently. I did not dare turn my back but I could feel the eeriness in the air. I moved towards the remote and turned off the music; the whole house drowned in silence. 

My heart picked up its pace as I heard loud footsteps entering the kitchen.
Did John escape?
Did he come back for me?

I didn't realize I froze until a hand pushed me on the counter. I whirled around to see a person; one I never thought I would meet again.

His eyes were pitch black staring into me as I felt my body shook. He could always make me paralyse mentally whenever he wanted. I would not be able to move and even now he had the same effect. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants as he neared me.

"Remember me?", his voice brought tears to my eyes as my lips trembled. I couldn't even bring myself to say his name. 

Just then two more figures jumped through the balcony, locking the door. I shut my eyes as I need not look to who were they. They always moved with him and they all are crime partners.

I so badly wanted Eric and I hate it that I want him. I feel as though I was not independent enough to look after myself. Just a week back, I escaped John and now, this!

"Nate, you were damn fast, man! Wheww!!!", I heard a gruff voice speak. I shook my head not believing.
"Luckily, no one saw us climb up. And what do we have here?", another voice spoke as my head spun.
I couldn't believe that the same thing was repeating. I was not prepared for this. What do I do? 

I looked at the three as I backed away from them.

"Cupcake, how have you been?", Nathaniel asked as a sinister smile spread across his face. My tears started flowing down and I felt my heart beat in my ears. 
"Of course, you would have missed us, right?", Flint whispered in a strange voice.
"But we got you now. Did you really think you could escape us?", Carter asked as his hands went to his crotch.

I felt like throwing up as Nate lunged forward, without any notice, pulling me by my hair. I screamed as he dragged me into the kitchen, picking up a knife. My eyes widened, my adrenaline rushing through my body. My eyes landed on Chilli powder as an idea clicked in my mind. 

I kicked him in his nether parts putting as much force as I could. I picked up a handful and threw it in his eyes. He yelled as it started burning and Carter came towards me. I threw some in his face and some entered his mouth. Flint growled as I punched him in the face, banging his head with a vase. 

I ran upstairs, shutting the bedroom and entered the bathroom, locking it. My fists hurt since I punched as I've never even tried it. It literally felt like my knuckles were broken inside. I pulled the phone from my apron, thankful that I kept it there after talking to grandma. I dialed Eric's number, wiping my face. 

He picked up on the second ring and within record time, reached the house with cops. I couldn't be more grateful as we came down together to see only the police standing. 

So Nate, Carter and Flint escaped!!!

I explained everything and even gave them their names so that it would be helpful for them to find. I was actually pretty sure they were captured when grandpa filed the case. But now......

Eric locked the door as they left and turned to me. He was calm until they left, just listening to me. I stood up to hug him but he stepped back. I frowned as I felt a pang in my chest.