CHAPTER 23

LILY POV: 

Flashback..........

I took a green crayon and coloured the grass. It looked perfect and I felt proud of myself. I was done with my homework and decided to put school work aside when the door to my room opened. 

Daddy was stumbling as he neared me. I could smell some awful stench on him and backed up. He sat on my small bed, almost breaking it. He took a swig from the bottle and looked at me with hooded eyes.

Just then I heard footsteps and looked up to see three bulky men entering my room. Fear creeped up as I stood behind my desk, looking at them all. 

"Baby, come here...", daddy said as I was afraid to.
"I SAID, COME HERE!", he bellowed making me gasp. 

My shaky legs took me to him and he gripped my neck, tightly.
"Listen, you cheap slut. These are my friends and very important ones. You will give them what they want. Do you understand?", he spoke, tightening his grip.

I nodded as tears blurred my vision. He let go smirking and left the room. I stood still not knowing what to do. One of them crouched down to my height. I instantly backed away but they had other plans.

"What is your name, sweetie?", he asked as he smiled at me. Luckily, he didn't smell gross like my father.

"I'm Lily. Who are you?", I asked in a small voice.

"Well, I'm Nathaniel and this is Flint. The one over there is Carter", Nate smiled as he picked me up. I shrieked but they settled on my bed with me perched on his lap. I felt uneasy but the way Nate held me said not to protest. I sat silently as they three watched me.

"How old are you?", Carter asked as took a seat beside Nate while Flint was on his right.
"I'm almost six"

*VIOLENCE, ABUSE AND EXPLICIT CONTENT. BEWARE*

"What a lovely little girl are you. Do you like to play?", Flint chided in making me look at him. Just then I felt a hand rubbing my thighs. I was wearing a frock, my favourite. I looked down to see Nate's hand running up and down. I frowned as I did not like the feeling. 

"Y..y..yes", I replied, trying to wiggle out his grip.

"Then, let's play a game, shall we?", Nate whispering as his hands reached up higher. I quickly jumped down from his lap and looked at them to see they were glaring at me.

"Come. Here", Nate muttered as if telling me to dare run away. I shook my head and tried to take off from the room but Carter tripped my with his leg. I fell down and started screaming when Flint dragged me by my ankle. Nate picked me up by my neck and I was dangling in air. 

I felt my eyes burn and my lungs needed air. I prodded and scratched his hand, trying to get released. Nate threw me onto the bed as I heaved heavily for air. Carter locked the door while Flint closed the windows.

"Now, you'll be silent. No shouting", Carter ordered as Nate neared me. I cried thinking of hittings and beatings. 

"P...Pl...Please....No", I begged as Nate kissed my cheek. His hands lifted my skirt up and I shrieked pulling it down.

I got a loud slap from Flint, making my heard turn. Flint squeezed my butt as I cried harder. Nate bit my neck as I screamed in agony. It hurt so much. Carter pressed my tummy keeping me in my place from moving. 

*SAFE TO READ*

"We will come again, Lily. You better be ready. We won't be much considerate next time", Nate whispered kissing my earlobe. 
"Sweet dreams", Flint and Carter left smirking.

I cried for the whole night, hugging myself. The next day, I looked at myself in the mirror. Bruises adorned my neck, arms, ankle and my cheek. My eyes teared up and father entered my room. He looked at my pathetic self.

"You are not going to school anymore. Not with those bruises", he said and rushed downstairs.

I cried as school was only my happy place. Even though I had no friends, students would talk to me and ask about my well being. I loved that! Even teachers would take care which my father failed to do.

Every night I wished that those three wouldn't come because I would not be able to go to school with those bruises and marks. But they showed up every single night for whole two years, inflicting pain and fear. I got so traumatised that the nightmares started. I would deal with them every night always waking up at ungodly hours. 

It was the night I was sitting in my room, dreaming about school. I missed it for the whole two years. The three would come and I would put up a fight every time refusing to back down. This time, I hid some stones under my bed, determined to take them down.

"Hello, brat", Nate smirked locking the door. I glared, pushing my hands under the bed, gathering some stones. Without further notice, I flung them towards my window, shattering the glass. The sound broke the silence at night. I threw another one which broke the window of my neighbour.

"You bitch!", Nate was quick to realize my plans as we all saw their bedroom light flickering on. I screamed on top of my lungs clutching the window sill tightly. My neighbour opened their window and I screamed louder as the three of them pulled me down, punching me in my face.

But to my luck, Mrs. Dennis saw everything and immediately shouted.
"You fucking morons! Leave her!", she yelled as I kicked Carter in his jewels, hard. Nate was furious as he grabbed my hair, banging my head on the wall. My head spun as my vision faltered.

I could hear him screaming in my face but the pain was too much to focus. The last thing I heard was sirens as I fell unconscious.

*********FLASHBACK ENDS*************** 

"After that, grandpa put them behind bars and my grandparents took full custody of me. They are my mother's parents. My dad actually escaped that night and since then I've not heard from him. I continued my studies and when I turned eighteen.....I married you", I said the last part looking down. 

Whew!!!!!! 

I felt immense relief when I blurted everything out. It felt so good after sharing everything to someone. And that someone being my husband made me feel lucky. 

But in all honesty, I was afraid to even look up at him. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying as tears threatened to fall. I felt as though there has been more tears in my life than I realize. Eric did not make a sound or any movement, effectively crushing my hopes of being with him. I knew he would not want any drama in his life and that he would leave me wh.....

"Angel", he tackled me into a hug so tight that he was crushing me. He laid his head on my shoulder as I sat there stiff, confused. I was able to feel his whole body shaking - either with rage or pity for me. I wrapped my arms around his figure slowly waiting for him to push me away with disgust. 

But he didn't.

All night, we held on to each other as if afraid that the other would disappear if we let go. We both settled on the bed, pulling the comforter up to our chest, not once breaking the hug. I was actually thinking about when will he throw me out of his life but he pulled me to his chest, kissing my forehead.

We drifted off to sleep with one thought in my head.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!!!

************************************

Hey dumplings. Do tell me how you feel about my book..........vote and comment!!!