CHAPTER 33

THIRD PERSON POV:

She went towards Damien and removed his suit. She tied it over his wound to stop the bleeding, smiling at him. Damien helped Eric out of the clutches as they both watched Lily crawl towards Xavier.

 She turned his body to a good position before closing his eyes with her fingers. She leaned in giving a kiss on his forehead, her lips lingering for a while.

"May you have a happy afterlife with your parents and sister. Rest in peace", she whispered smiling sadly, mourning for about one minute.

It was not his fault! He lost his loved ones and she forgave him already.
She felt no point in hating someone who was no more. 
The best she could do was forgive and forget, providing them peace and releasing them from their sins.

Eric smiled on seeing her selfless act. She truly was sent by God to this world. This cruel world didn't deserve her. She was an angel. His angel!
Damien was too dumbstruck at the little girl. Even after everything they put her through, she only hoped for their best. 

She turned smiling at the brothers. She couldn't be more happy. Eric opened his arms which Lily happily dived into. Everything came to an end.

Her mother was watching her from above, always with her.
She was in Eric's arms.
Damien and Austin were good.
Her grandparents would be so happy to see her.
Eric's parents would be relieved too.
John was behind bars.
Nate, Carter, Flint and Xavier were no more. But she would always pray for their good.

Her farther was.....

Wait! What about her father?!

"What are you thinking, angel?", Eric whispered as they walked out of the building.
"Eric, my father was...."

Two men brought an old man who hung his head down in shame. He realized what a person he has been. Instead of being a father for his daughter, he lost himself after his wife's death turning into a dreadful person. He didn't know how to meet her eyes. His wife must absolutely loathe him for treating their daughter the way he did.

"Dad!", her voice reached his ears as tears clouded his eyes. He didn't deserve the title. He didn't deserve her. 
"No, please don't call me that. I....I'm sorry"

The moment he said the word, he collapsed onto the ground, pouring his heart out. Lily just watched smiling. He was coming back to his senses. He was trying to change and this made her absolutely happy. She was about to move out of Eric's side but he pulled her back, frowning.

"What are you doing?", he whispered tightening his grip. 
"Relax, it's okay", she kissed his cheeks moving forward. 

She bent down in front of her father who kept apologizing over and over again. She bit her lip as she called him again. Joseph looked into his daughter's eyes.
Lily hugged him, placing her head on his shoulder. 

"I forgive you, father. I forgave you the second I stepped out of that house, eight years ago", she whispered making the old man's heart beat again. He felt so relieved to hear the words come out of her mouth. His guilt was still present but not choking him like before 

He wrapped his arms around her frame, crying into her shoulder. He got a second chance and he promised to his wife above that he would never blow it! 

**************************************************************

1 month later

The mansion was decorated wonderfully for the thanksgiving. The family always celebrated the holidays at their ancestral house, which was huge. Lily was busy dressing the salad while Clara focused on the turkey. Jeremy, Eric and Damien were setting up the table and took care of wine.