7

You're going to be so great
Good luck!
So sorry I couldn't make it :(

coraline took a sharp inhale and released it as a shaky breath. she frowned at the phone screen before shutting off her device and setting it down on the chair she once sat on. of course he couldn't make it. why would she even have hope that he would?

she took a deep breath as she adjusted her dress, a bright rainbow 70s style dress that twirled with her. the light brown wig sat tight against her head, covering the black and pink strands of hair that normally coated her scalp. the white go-go boots made her feet ache, but alas, she skipped onto the stage when her cue was given.

she was the female lead, however she wouldn't be important until act two. she was just in the ensemble for the beginning.

when the opening number finished, she was most definitely out of breath, but she still rushed off stage and into her next costume.

— ❀

she stood center downstage. her eyes scanned the audience with a small hope of her mystery friend being in the audience despite the darkness of the auditorium's house. coraline sighed, finally accepting that he just wasn't there.

the band in the auditorium's pit began to play. the slow, beautiful beat lulled her voice to sing almost as second nature. she sat in the chair next to her, a fake sob escaping her lips.

it was a truly beautiful number, the 11th hour most might say. the ballad entails feelings of a missing love and heartbreak. the echo of coraline's belting voice plucked at the heart strings at every audience member.

even him, unbeknownst to her knowledge.

the song finished, and soon the show came to a close as well. coraline was ready to sulk her way to her friend's car, but was interrupted by a tap on her shoulder.

"you we're really good."

she whipped around to see a blue eyed boy with dark dirty blonde hair. she smiled and engulfed him in a hug.

"holy shit!" she pulled away, "i thought you couldn't make it!"

ranboo laughed, "if i said i'd be there it would ruin the surprise of our first in-real-life meeting."

coraline only shook her head and lightly punched him on the shoulder. at the call of her name, she turned to see her friends waving her over. she took ranboo by the hand and dragged him to the huddle of theater kids.

"whos this?" carter was the first to speak, as his protectiveness over coraline was that of an older brother.

she looked over to ranboo, furrowing her brows in question as to what to say. he sent her a small look back, almost asking if these people were trustworthy. 

after coraline nodded, ranboo spoke, "i'm a friend of coraline's, names ranboo."

a choke was heard from the girls dressed in all black attire, coraline's tech crew friends.

"holy shit?" a girl with black and purple hair went wide-eyed, "like? ranboo live? like—"

"yes, gabbie. thats him." coraline shook her head lightly, an apologetic smile sent to her tall friend next to her.

they talked for a few extra minutes, sharing banter and comments about the show. the talk of twitch, youtube, and the fame didn't continue, much to ranboo's relief. as more and more people began to trickle out of the theater, it was time to leave.

the night didn't end with coraline sulking in her friends car, but instead it consisted of her singing along to songs with ranboo as he drove with no destination in mind. the soft moonlight illuminated their faces just enough, so the light blush was prevalent on their cheeks.

they now were sat on a hill, next to lake sinclair. the rays of light reflecting off of the water's surface hit ranboo's face in quite an appealing way. his soft laugh sounded like how striking a match in a dark hall feels. silent, alone, and scary at first, but then its okay.

"fuck marry kill, the entire royal family, an army of satanic furbies, and an open can of chef boyardee ravioli in a porta-potty toilet."

"excuse me?"

"answer the damn question," coraline plucked at a strand of grass, tying it between her fingers.

ranboo laughed with a hum, "i don't think i will."

"come on!" she groaned, "it's obviously so easy. fuck the ravioli, marry the furbies, and kill the royal family."

"you sound like you've done this before."

"you haven't?"

— ❀

Ranboo
  @ranboosaysstuff
Please dont have intercourse with ravioli. If you do, I do not want to hear about how you did it.
today at 11:27 pm

coraline >:)
   @swagmeister
replying to @ranboosaysstuff
wtf dont tell every1 my secret thats so fucked /j
today at 11:27 pm

Ranboo
   @ranboosaysstuff
replying to @swagmeister
I am going to abandon you in a ditch.
today at 11:28 pm

coraline >:)
   @swagmeister
replying to @ranboosaysstuff
i'd like to see you try pretty boy beanstalk
today at 11:28 pm