19

a golden haze came in through the curtains, the sun kissing the dark, warm color of coraline's skin. she craned her neck to the side to see an empty bed. with furrowed brows, she slipped away from under the soft duvet and crept along the hardwood floors.

both a sweet and savory smell filled her nose. with a small smile and tilt of her head, she picked up the pace to the kitchen.

"AAA NO THE EGG BROKE!"

there was a camera stood behind the kitchen island, recording as ranboo tried to make what was seemingly breakfast.

"what the hell are you doing, idiot?"

ranbooo whipped around to see coraline stood in the doorframe. instead of a mask and sunglasses, he only wore the glasses.

"THERE SHE IS! CORALINE MY BELOVED!"

she shook her head and made her way to her boyfriend, who has his arms held out excitedly. she gladly accepted being engulfed into a tight hug. she gave him a quick peck on the lips before pulling away.

"whats all this for?"

"its for you! im doing a 'cooking for my girlfriend' video!"

"oh no— so i'm going to doordash mcdonalds just in case."

"nooo!! come on! im actually trying this time, i promise!"

she smiled at him with another head shake. she stood on her tippy toes and grabbed ranboo's face so she could pull him down slightly and kiss him again, this time a bit longer than just a peck

"i'll sit and watch."

she smirked at his dumbfounded expression and flushed face as she sat at the dining table just a few feet behind the camera.

"you look so fucking red, bro."

"NO I DON'T!"

"bon appétit!"

"no its bone apple teeth, not whatever the fuck you just said."

ranboo turned the camera (which he now held in his hand) to how own face, which wore a joking frown of disapproval as  he shook his head.

once the camera was back on her, coraline took her first bite, and set her fork down as she chewed.

"hm."

"hm...?"

"its... a pancake, to say the least..."

"WHAT!! I TRIED MY BEST!! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?"

coraline held up the plate to ranboo, which he traded the for the camera. as coraline recorded, ranboo took a bite at his sad attempt of pancakes.

"o-oh."

"yeah."

"oh..."

"so what do you want from mcdonalds?"

after an amazingly eventful day of lazily cuddling up to ranboo on the bed as he edited,coraline sat at the round table, eating dinner with ranboo and his parents.

ranboo's mom adored her, to say the least. she would always insist on giving coraline a second serving of every meal, and treated her with the kindness her own mother never cared to do.

his father, however, was lenient, but eventually gave in. the sight of seeing his son so infatuated with this girl made it close to impossible to hate her. once he learned coraline never really had a relationship with her father after the age of 6, he instantly stepped in.

they called coraline their daughter. more specifically, their daughter-in-law, despite the fact that coraline and ranboo were no where near getting married, but that of course didn't mean they never will.

after dinner, the young couple retreated back to their bedroom. a week or so had gone by since she moved in, giving plenty of enough time to coraline-ify ranboo's boring bedroom.

the once plain, light grey walls were now filled with random doodles, tapestries, and photographs. there was even an entire corner dedicated to polaroid photos (it's purpose was to capture every important memory, but soon just became flooded of photos of ranboo, coraline, and ford being stupid together).

the light smell of incense was always prevalent, as coraline insisted on burning the "love spell" scent every morning. while ranboo complained, he truly didn't mind.

the original lonely black computer desk was now accompanied by a similar one adjacent to it, the only difference being it was adorned in stickers from random animes (which by itself was enough to give away it was coraline's, but still she decided to make large labels to put above the two desks).

coraline hadn't felt like she was at home for years, no matter where she was. since she was 6, since her legs were paralyzed for years to come, since her father left, she hasn't been able to call a place home.

this was different. even before she had redecorated, even before she was ever kicked out of the dingy old trailer her mother lived in, she still felt at home with him.

he was her home.