Chapter 23: Karaoke Monday

AEROS POV

"Hey, it's me! You didn't answer my text last night so I figured I'd call today and ask if you wanted to grab dinner or hang out later? Call or text me back. Bye." I hung up my phone.

I tapped my fingers on my desk and placed down my phone.

Four hours later I sent him another text asking if everything was okay, but still no reply.

"How'd you so on that paper?" Aurelie asked from over on her bed.

"Good! I got an A, somehow." I responded.

"Woooo!! I heard Professor Filcker is an absolute bitch so I'm glad you're surviving," She cheered.

"I'm gonna go grab some dinner, do you want to come?" She asked standing up. She was wearing a cream colored romper with a pink long sleeve shirt underneath.

"I'm all set, but thanks." I said checking my phone again for a message from Thomas.

"Nora- I-" she started but quickly stopped talking.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, never mind." She said almost looking guilty.

"Seriously, what's up?" I asked sincerely.

She sighed and said, "You and Thomas kinda came out of nowhere, and I'm happy for you, but if I'd known you liked him I probably would have warned you."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked turning sideways in my chair to face her.

"Tom's a little all over the place. He's never been a settle down kind of guy. Now don't get me wrong, I love him, but he's very private and can get full of himself sometimes." She answered.

So is she saying I'm practically dating Parker? Ew Aero. Ew.

"Ah, I've kinda noticed." I sighed.

I get that not everyone is on their phone all the time, but Thomas makes me feel like he's actively ignoring me.

Jesus Aero. Calm down. Don't be the crazy girlfriend.

It's just after everything- not hearing from someone for more than a day makes me really worried.

He's probably just really busy with homework.

If so he could at least say he's busy.

Or maybe his phone is dead- or broken.

Yeah, he'll talk to you later. He's fine.

"Well now you definitely gotta come grab dinner with us!" She said changing the topic. She came over mad grabbed my hands pulling me out of my seat.

"I'm not third wheeling with you and Patrick, am I?" I asked sarcastically as we walked down the street.

"No," she sighed. "He doesn't like me like that. I'm basically his little sister."

"Well have you given him any signs that you like him?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I think I've tried. But we always end up arguing over something."

Patrick wasn't the easiest person to read, but I think he likes her back. Just neither of them know that they like the other.

"I'm just saying, Tyndale could've splurged a little of their budget to upgrade from plastic cups to paper cups." Aurelie said taking her last bite of her macaroni and cheese.

I wiped my face with my napkin, crumpled it up and threw it on my empty plate.

"Maybe Nora can put in a good word with President Buchanan." Patrick said sarcastically.