Thirty-Four

The Georgia House of Representatives voted on Wednesday to formally authorize its ongoing impeachment inquiry into Governor Anthony Brown, as Republicans unite behind the effort even though they have yet to find evidence of wrongdoing by the Democrat.

The house voted to approve the probe, which is examining whether Brown improperly benefited from his 26-year-old son Amar'e Brown's foreign business dealings, days before the eldest Brown is said to testify in court behind closed doors.

"It's not surprising to understand why the average person would find it oddly suspicious that members of the governor's family were making tens of millions of dollars in professions in which they had no experience - seems a little fishy," A reporter said, referring to Amar'e Brown's prior role on the board of Atlanta's City planning committees and real estate groups.

House Republicans allege that Brown and his family profited from Amar'e's actions when Brown served as Mayor of Atlanta and they have zeroed in on his son's business ventures in Mexico and Colombia
during that period.

At present, Congress has dismissed the inquiry as unsubstantiated by facts and politically motivated.

————

The cold metal chair scraped loudly against the epoxy flooring of the visitation room breaking through the tense stillness in the air. Amar'e's jaw flexed in annoyance as his guest took a seat across from him, a smirk playing on her full lips.

"Why'd you do it? What they offer you?" He asked, cutting straight to the chase. This visit was costly, paying a couple CO's handsomely just to let him have the room unsupervised for a couple minutes.

"Why wouldn't I do it? You killed the love of my life Amar'e. You knew how much Julian meant to me." Razor expressed, speaking freely trying to bait him into a confession. "I was gonna do shit my way but everybody so fuckin scared of you so no one wanted to even hear me out. It wasn't even about money this time, it was about love."

Razor was as sharp as her street name, knowing to tactfully play the long game in avenging Julian. She felt the loyalty she gave to Amar'e and his organization was disrespected.

Julian and Razor were together for years, having met through the Sicario cartel ties Razor had on her father's side. Their relationship had a lot of complexities, but they been friends since they were kids and grew up to be more than that.

Amar'e knew of their friendship, but he was never aware that it was more than that. He honestly wouldn't even care, business was business and his was disrespected on multiple occasions. He did what anyone else in his position would have done.

"Yo stop talking to me like you lost ya fuckin mind Razor. You not on trial right now so you could stop wit all the allegations." He mugged. Amar'e always found it strange how razor disappeared for months after Julian's death, and even the time when she failed to handle the Sicario problem he compensated her for. However, he always just chalked shit up to her taking on contracts elsewhere. Never did he think she was working for the cops.

"All those raids you had over the past couple months? All me." She chuckled. His facial expression turned cold, thinking about some of the lives he took in vain.

"Even the cops pulling up and arresting you that day at your housewarming, I knew I had to pull up for that." He couldn't help but chuckle, shaking his head at how he ignored that initial gut feeling that day. He knew Razor randomly pulling up to his house with Angelo was off. She was just there to fulfill her task.

"I'm telling you all this now cause I want you to spend the rest of your life locked up in here thinking about how you let a bitch get one up on you. All cause you were too cocky to think anybody would ever catch you slipping."