Eleven

24 hours earlier

The flight back to Atlanta from Aspen was tense once the girls heard the news about the mayor. They were only in Aspen for forty eight hours, cutting their trip short. They would of been home sooner, but flight delays affected their travel.

Jasmine was a mess the whole ride back from Colorado, out her body at the thought of losing her father. B felt so numb to everything but understood Jasmine's pain like no other. She was all too familiar with going through that cycle.

Word got back to Bryan and Latrice that Atlanta was hot and they asked B and Desirae to come home until shit calmed down. Shit worked out being Desirae's school was closed for the rest of the week due to everything that was happening. B would be flying straight there with a brief layover in Atlanta to grab a couple essentials.

Flights were delayed something crazy so she knew she wouldn't be in New York until late tonight. They couldn't even take the PJ back since Baby left for a show just the other night.

She was on the phone with her parole officer for a minute who understood the urgency of her requesting a weekend in New York so last minute. Regardless of all that they were only able to give her the same couple days she would of had in Colorado which sadly meant she would be leaving New York a couple days before Christmas officially rolled around.

After the quick stop in Atlanta, B was back at the airport ready to fly out to New York. Going home was a bittersweet feeling knowing she wouldn't even be spending the holidays there.

Rolling her carryon through the airport after retrieving them from baggage claim, she sent Christian a text letting him know she was walking out. She was ready to take a shower and go lay down.

"Let me get that for you beautiful." Christian said once he saw her dragging the suitcase next to her with a fatigued expression.

"Thank you." She chuckled, giving him a brief hug before he grabbed her bag to put in the trunk.

The drive was short from LaGuardia to her house, not even enough time to get some sleep.

Walking in the house with Christian behind her, they crept through the house being careful not to wake anyone. It was already two in the morning.

"Today drained me." B sighed, kicking her shoes off before making it to the stairs as Christian did the same.

"Yo Atlanta on some next shit." Christian asked once they made it to her room, closing the door.

"No deadass, like who the fuck does some shit like that." B mumbled, kissing her teeth.

"Nah word on the street it's some cartel affiliated shit." Christian mumbled as B raised an eyebrow.

"Put me on, I know you got the tea." She said as he chuckled.

"They jackin the mayor might be affiliated wit the Mexican cartel and shit but on some real shit everyone knows it's that nigga Saint, his son. That's the same nigga I met not too long ago." Christian revealed, much to B's surprise. 

"Timeout what." She chuckled, clearly in disbelief. "The Mayors son is Amar'e. Who's Saint?"

"Who the fuck is Amar'e?" Christian asked, changing into some sweats he left in B's dresser.