Four

"So how was dinner with your aunt?" B had her phone on speaker on the kitchen island talking to her grandma as she made breakfast for her and Desirae. She already had the pancakes and eggs ready now frying up the bacon. Extra crispy bacon for the win always, she hated soggy bacon.

"It was whatever. I was there for the wine really but the Mayor, his son and his daughter pulled up and they were cool." She said as Joyce chuckled.

"What's funny?" She asked, moving the bacon on to the napkin she had laid out to absorb the oil.

"You talking about you went there for the wine. That's nice though baby that you got to meet the Mayor and his family. I'm glad you're not just going to clubs twerking and whatever else you be doing in those peoples clubs." Joyce said as B giggled. Her grandma knew what type of timing she was on.

"I got into all that the next day but nah facts, it was a vibe I'm glad I went."

Speaking with her grandma while she cooked, Desirae soon joined them since the smell of breakfast being prepared woke her up.

Once she began plating their food her grandma hopped off the call to head out to her hair salon appointment. One thing about Joyce she took her maintenance days very seriously.

"You wanna go roller skating today?" Desirae asked as they ate their breakfast. B already did a lot of the touristy things Atlanta had to offer during her visits to Loretta's house so there wasn't much left for her to do. She was still enjoying her trip though, seeing Atlanta through an adult lens.

"You spent way too much time here." B sighed, shaking her head as Desirae laughed. Roller skating gave her roll bounce vibes and she wasn't about to be rolling her ankles for shits and giggles.

"Aight whatever I'm tryna find some fun shit for us to do. I know all you like to do is shop." Desirae said as B nodded.

"And do."

"Yeah that's fake what got you six years hard time in the first place." Desirae mumbled as B's mouth drop in shock.

"I literally just got out not even a week yet and I'm already catching strays...this is crazy." B sighed and shook her head as her sister laughed.

"You know I love you." Desirae said with a smile as B playfully rolled her eyes.

"Nah next time you need half off ya Monclers for your little boyfriends good luck getting that shit." B jested as Desirae laughed.

Although B loved the rush making money fast brought her in her adolescent years, adult B knew she needed something way more stable, legal but just as exciting.

"So you wanna tell me the role you play in our moving to Astoria outta nowhere?" B asked her sister, cutting into her pancakes.

"Not even gonna hold you I have no idea how they did that shit. Mommy jackin it was a work accident so they got settlement money but I don't know." Desirae said with a shrug.

B hated when niggas started moving funny with her. Friends, family, whoever. She never left shit unchecked. She valued people being upfront with her no matter what just as they expected her to be. She didn't beat around the bush for nothing and expected the same.