Twenty-Five

Now seated on the private aircraft en route to Atlanta, B couldn't help but reminisce on the last three hours spent in Paris. She was just shopping with Ana drinking espresso martinis and just as quickly as that came, it went. She knew she would be seeing France again, cause there was still so many places she wanted to visit in the country.

An ècru and camel cashmere Hermes blanket covered her legs as she sipped some champagne, waiting for Amar'e to get off his phone call that seemed to go on for at least an hour.

Scrolling aimlessly through Instagram, her third account in less than a year, she read through some of her dms mostly from her friends and family all being nosey from the stories she posted during the week.

kelisajani: not Atlanta bae flies planes

Laughing and responding to her cousins dms, she heard footsteps making their way in her direction before Amar'e appeared looking irritated.

"Everything okay?" She asked as he got under the blanket with her.

"It's gonna be." He mumbled, securing the black durag around his head.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked softly as he shook his head no.

"I'm ready go to sleep." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around her before laying his face in the crook of her neck.

"We slept for like five hours." B pouted.

"And we still got like four hours to go." He said, his eyes now closed.

"We're not going to sleep Amar'e so think of something else for us to do." B said as he laughed in disbelief.

"You a fuckin brat, swear to god yo." He said with his eyes now open as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"I'm not a brat." She insisted.

"Act just like Loyal." He mumbled, yawning as he sat up.

"Wow not Loyal catching strays." B said in shock as he laughed.

"What you tryna watch?" Amar'e asked, shuffling through the movies on Hulu from the tv screen on the jet.

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith." B smiled, always in the mood to watch that movie since it was one of her favorites.

"You always watching this." He said, searching for the movie before putting it on.

"We need snacks." B whispered as the pilot lowered the lights per Amar'e's request.

"Why you whispering?" He chuckled, texting the flight attendant to bring out popcorn and candy.

"Shh movies starting." She whispered again, getting comfortable as he pulled her close to his side.

B and Amar'e were engrossed in the movie as the action filmed played out, wrapped up in each other enjoying the moments of serenity before landing in Atlanta.

——————

B's grey Fendi calf hair mules tapped against the grocery store tiles as she pushed her cart down the busy aisles in a frantic search. She was in Atlanta for all of four hours, dropping off her luggage in her apartment and taking a quick shower before she was out again running errands. Her sisters birthday was coming up this weekend and she wanted to make it memorable for her since she missed the last six birthdays.

"Jasmine I don't know the first thing about baking a cake, I'm panicking bad right now." B ranted, her phone propped up in the cart speaking to Jasmine on FaceTime.