Part 15: 'Better you than I.'

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Rose sat thinking about the two Petrova girls she had in her possession. There was no doubt in her mind of what she would do with Katerina, returning her to Klaus was the only answer.

And then again there sat an innocent girl inside that room whose only mistake was being born a Petrova. She couldn't help her though. If she gave her to Klaus, she would never be happy, if she let her go she would be running for the rest of her life till the day she died if She turned her she would be running forever. There was no right option.

It was quiet enough for her to hear her thoughts running through her head. Wait it was too quiet.

Immediately she shot up and ran into the room she had the two girls detained in. All she saw was two pairs of feet dangling from the ceiling.

ROSE P.O.V

I felt like dying they were dead. Why. I looked at them and felt nothing but fear. The doppelgänger had to be human and now she was dead well not dead she was a vampire. I'm dead. No, wait we're dead. Trevor I am going to kill him. My eyes drifted over to the other pair of feet and I felt guilty. She had a good heart I wasn't sure if Adeline would make it as a vampire. And then that guilt turned to unbridled fear. Klaus' one love. The only girl he had ever felt a thing for, was now a vampire. He would've wanted to do that himself.

I heard the door of the cottage open and knew it was Trevor I sped to where I knew he would be and threw him at the wall.

"Do you know what you've done! He'll kill us!"

"Calm down Rose, I'll figure out a deal with Klaus. Elijah said he found an elixir that could save her."

"She's dead." I watched his face drop. "They're both dead." The look of sadness turned to one of fear he realised that Klaus would kill us for that.

He ran into the room and saw the two of them hanging from the room. He ran up and pulled off the rope of the two of them and dropped Adeline to the floor. He held Katerina in his arms crying slightly.

I threw a stake at him. It went through his arm.

"You idiot, they were bleeding I gave them my blood there in transition." At that exact minute, they both sat up gasping for breaths.

Trevor looked down at Katerina.

"What did you do?" Trevor looked heartbroken as he stared down at Katerina. I held no sympathy for either of them. Instead, I felt myself wanting to look at Adeline and she looked different like something in her had snapped. She looked up at me and I felt relieved to know that she had not turned it off.

Katerina stood up and walked over to her sister.

"How you feel, you ok." She nodded her head quickly.

"You are a stupid girl and are still going back to Klaus." I went to grab her but instead, she grabbed the lady of the cottage and sunk her fangs into her neck. She grabbed Adeline and threw the woman at her. Adeline sunk her fangs in right away and threw her at Trevor.

"Better you than I." And they were gone. And with them our freedom.