Part 17: 'We'll have to change that, won't we.'

ADELINE P.O.V

We had been running for 373 years. It was hard, we had just been in New Orleans for a few days making sure Klaus and Elijah were still there. We were now headed through a boring little town called Mystic Falls. Emily was joining us of course, I liked Emily she was a good witch. A Bennet as well, never mess with a Bennet. We had changed our names we were now Katherine and Adeline Pierce. I detested the idea at the start but I was used to it by now. The carriage came to a stop.

"Is there an issue Ben?" Katherine called out.

"Sorry miss just seeing if a friend was ok." I looked out the window to see a young handsome man fixing his broken carriage. I watched Katherine become immediately interested in him.

"Now who is that young man." She called curiously.

"Stefan Salvatore miss. They run the old boarding house."

"Well, Adeline do you think the Salvatores will be interested in two orphans from New Orleans." She winked at me and I smirked back. Maybe mystic falls won't be as boring as I first thought.

DAMON P.O.V

I had finally got leave to come home and see Stefan.

"Father has taken in two orphans from New Orleans," Stefan told me.

"Well, you know father."

"There arriving shortly we're meant to greet them."

"And we will. But first, you need to learn to catch a ball."

* later *

"Mr Salvatore, the carriage is arriving." One of the Maids announced to father he stood up and signalled for us to follow him out.

The carriage was quite grand, not something I would expect for two orphans. The doors opened and out stepped an absolute beauty there was no word to describe her beauty except ethereal, she had sun-kissed skin, bright blue eyes with long eyelashes. My favourite feature though was her lips. Slightly pouted. She could have anyone begging for her hand in a matter of seconds I looked over at Stefan and saw he was captivated by her too. Once she got off the carriage her sister stepped out after her almost as beautiful, almost.

Father stepped forward to greet them.

"Sons I would like you to meet Adeline Pierce and her sister Katherine Pierce." Adeline, I whispered it rolled off the tongue.

She stuck her hand out to me, those ocean blue eyes giving me their full attention. I could see out of the corner of my eyes Stefan getting jealous that I got Adeline. I placed my hand in hers and raised it to my lips placing a light kiss on her hand.

"I assume I'm meeting Damon Salvatore." She spoke like an angel.

"You are indeed. You've travelled quite far from New Orleans why don't I show you to your room." She smiled.

"Thank you, Mr Salvatore." I began to walk away and smirked and Stefan and he scowled back at me. He stared at Adeline as she walked away, her sister noticed and had a look on her face I couldn't read.

"So Mr Salvatore you grew up in Mystic Falls."

"Damon is fine and yes my whole life. I had never been outside this town before the war." I found myself wanting to open up to her.

"I've been everywhere trust me it's not that fun, my entire like can fight in a box."

"You never stay still?"

"Never had a reason."

"We'll have to change that, won't we. This is your room." I went to walk away but before I could she kissed me on my cheek and entered the door. I touched my cheek and smiled to myself.

ADELINE P.O.V

I tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear and smiled to myself he was sweet and beyond gorgeous. It was a cute town from what I had seen already. This was going to be fun. There was another knock on the door so I turned around and opened it. It was the other brother, the blonde one. He had my bags in his hands.

"I thought I would bring these to you."
He set them down.

"Why thank you, Mr Salvatore." He blushed, god he was cute.

"Please miss Adeline call me Stefan."

"If I call you Stefan you must call me Adeline." I smiled at him.

"Of course, dinner is in an hour and your sister's room is across the hallway so you know. I'll let you get ready." He smiled once more and walked away.

I felt happy for once. I was in a new town with two adorable brothers. I watched the two of them from my window they were throwing a ball in the garden I opened my window and sat down to listen.

"I'm telling you now Stefan, I call dibs you can have Katherine."

"So not happening Damon."

"Well then may the best man win."

I giggled to myself. I refuse to tear brothers apart but I knew one of them would probably go for Kat instead or she would compel them who knows.

I stood up and started getting ready for dinner, I picked a dress.

STEFAN P.O.V

I knew I had to win she was stunning, an angel sent to earth. She was nice too, sweet. I would not let Damon win.

I looked up to the window of the room she was staying in and allowed my jaw to drop. She was stripping getting ready for dinner. Part of me wanted to watch but it was creepy, Damon caught me staring and turned his head to see what I was looking at. He immediately smirked I hit his shoulder and we laughed running in to get changed.

KATHERINE P.O.V

They were just silly little humans, I thought to myself as I watched them both argue over Adeline. She was way too good for either of them and I knew she couldn't deal with any of that right now. As much as she pretended to be fine he hurt her so much that I don't think she'll ever be fine. I had a clear plan to get him off our backs for good but it will take time so who says having some fun with some brothers won't be fun.