Part 72: 'No more betrayals, forever and always.'

"You did what?" I screeched staring at Damon as if he had four heads.

"I pulled Elijah's dagger out." Damon replied meekly, like a little boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"You are the most fucking idiotic asshole I have ever met in all my days on this earth!" I had the sudden temptation to wring his neck. "Can your little brain comprehend the fact that last time you trusted Elijah to help you with Klaus he screwed us all." I threw my hands up in the air in pure vexation.

"That is true. However, Klaus then inturn screwed him so it's totally fine." Stefan snorted in the background and I whipped around to glare at him.

"Something to say, Stefan?" I could feel the anger radiating from my body.

"And then Klaus screwed you. Literally." I lunged for him and Damon barely held me back. "Ok. Ok. Too soon I get it." I calmed down and turned to face Damon again.

"This isn't going to end well."

"It will trust me." Spoiler alert it doesn't end well.

    }*{

Elijah stood before Klaus and wiped blood off his hands with a white handkerchief after having killed Daniel.

"You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?" Elijah was surprisingly calm, which only worried Klaus slightly. He knew if needed he could overpower Elijah but he also didn't want it to come to that. He wanted his brother back and more importantly, he wanted Adeline back and that would be so much easier with Elijah.

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Elijah lunged for him and sent them both flying through a glass door. "Easy. I just finished renovating." Klaus lunged for Elijah and threw him into a glass table that smashed. "You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family." Elijah went to grab Klaus again and pushed him back into one of the coffins. Klaus opens it and pulled the dagger out of Kol's chest. He flew back to Elijah and held him against a closed coffin with a hand wrapped around his throat and raised the dagger threateningly. Elijah's heartbeat sped up. He fucking hated those daggers.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Klaus shouted.

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." Elijah spat in his face. Klaus lowered the dagger.

"Mikael is dead." Klaus released his grip on Elijah's throat. Elijah stood and stared at Klaus in disbelief.

"What did you say?" Elijah asked needing it to be clarified and confirmed.

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone, Elijah. Forever." Klaus' gaze softened and suddenly it wasn't two original vampires staring at each other, it was two terrified children.

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century." Elijah widened his arms and pointed at bath coffins.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me." Klaus walked to a small table where a small urn sat and removed the lid. He dipped the dagger inside and then walked over to Kol's coffin.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asked suspiciously. Klaus daggered Kol again.

"Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again." Klaus closed the lid of Kol's coffin and turned to look at Elijah with pure wrath in his eyes. "I got her back Elijah." Elijah immediately knew who he was speaking of. "She came back to me." Klaus' eyes softened for a second and then darkened. "And then Damon Salvatore took her. I need her Elijah." Klaus' snarl was animal. Elijah knew this was the version of Klaus that should be feared.