Chapter Three

Third Person

-In Aru's room-

"Here it is!" Fischer announced.

Aru looked around and saw that her room was enormous. Its walls were painted a dark green, and each wall held up a ceiling that had many decorations. A chandelier whose crystals glimmered in the little sunlight that came through the velvet blackout curtains hung in the very middle of the room.

"Aru?" Fischer asked. His voice floated in one ear and out the other.

The huge window was behind her bed, which had a moss green throw blanket resting on top.

"Oh my god. This place is amazing!" Aru yelled. She catapulted herself onto her bed, and Fischer laughed.

"You have a much fancier room than all of us combined, so appreciate it," he smiled.

"No worries. I will." She opened her closet, just to find a whole other room.

"Why don't you try something on?" Fischer offered.

"Why are you being so nice to me, Fischer?" Aru asked suspiciously.

"Multiple reasons, really," he shrugged.

"One, so you can bring me back down to Diana one day. Two, you deserve to be treated nicely, Arundhati. And three, Aiden couldn't have treated you with all of the respect that you deserve, so I have to make up for his stupid actions, as always."

Aru smiled, walked in, then shut her closet doors to find an outfit.

She found a faux fur cape and set that aside for her outfit. Next, she saw a knit white dress that would fit perfectly with the cape. Aru put her ensemble together. She turned and found a rose gold crown embedded with green and white crystals. Aru slowly placed it on her head and looked in the mirror.

You go, girl. Look at the power you could hold! Aru pepped herself up.

She slowly opened her closet doors, scared of what Fischer would think. He was leaning on her main doorframe, talking with Aiden, Sebastian, Brynne, and Mini. All five had a crown on their head, which frightened Aru.

"Nope, can't do this," Aru panicked. She pulled the hood over her head and curled up into a ball.

Wait, you are Arundhati Shah, who is now the Princess of Byburn. You can do this! Aru said in her head.

"Look at the girl, Fischer. She curls up when someone looks at her," Brynne said. "She's a weakling. How does anyone expect her to run the country?" she scoffed.

Aru rose and took off her hood. "I'm no weakling, Brynne." Everyone turned to her. 

"Sorry for interrupting, but I'm not letting fake theories of me be turned into reality."

"You look amazing, Aru!" Mini smiled.

"Why, thank you, Yamini. I love your tiara. It looks beautiful on you."

Mini touched her tiara and smiled.

"I agree with Mini. You look absolutely stunning," Fischer said, fixing his posture a bit but still leaning against Aru's door. "What do you think, Aiden?"

Aiden stared at her and he seemed to have a faint smile.

"Aiden?" Fischer asked.

"You look-" Aiden hesitated. He looked away from her and his gaze was out her window. "Fine," he said flatly.