Finally Free Chapter 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Re: ~Finally Free~

Post by: Bsatl on September 17, 2007, 10:11:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER ONE

Corey, I'm not sayin that I don't wanna be wit u but do u really think we can be together when u get out? I know the game will be calling on King to come back and holla at the streets and u know u'll wanna answer. I love u but I don't want my son's father still hanging in the streets all night long. Remember when I was pregnant? It really felt like I went thru those nine months on my own because u were too busy hanging wit Pookie and 'nem. And I don't want u to trip but I have been hanging out wit someone who helps me wit Israel but it ain't nothin like that. U know u and my son are the only men in my life. Hurry up and get out so u can keep word on ur promise for us to be a family again.

Giselle finished writing her letter to Corey and sealed it inside an envelope. Israel was playin wit his toy truck makin all types of noises. "U hungry baby?"

"Yes," he said running to the kitchen not even waiting on Giselle.

"Wait Issy, slow down," she said goin after him wit the letter in her hand. She made him and her a peanut butter sandwich. She figured he wouldn't eat it all but she was wrong to see him takin bites like his daddy from the sandwich. "Dang baby," she said laughing makin him some milk.

As they were about to walk out of the door, Gina walked in wit papers in her hand. She was a school substitute teacher at the local high school. Everyday she came home complaining. "Imma end up on Snapped fuckin wit these youngins. They wearing me out," she said plopping on the couch.

"Well u knew u was old before u took that job. We'll be back."

"Yeah whatever," Gina said laying down further to relax.

Everybody in the hood knew Giselle and King's son Israel. All the fellas loved Gissy and the ladies had to respect her. She was the only one who managed to hold King down for so long. "What up Gis? Heard King gone be gettin out soon," one of the people under King said to Giselle as she placed her letter in the mailbox.

"Yeah, I hope so."

"Sup lil man?" he said stooping to Israel's level but he was too involved wit his sandwich to speak. "Aight now Gis, keep ya head up mama."

"Yeah," she said walking out of the building with Israel behind. She needed to get to her job to talk to her manager. She knew he wanted to fire her but she had a baby and he had to understand that.

As she walked in she saw one of her co-workers: Reese. "Hey Gis. I ain't seen u in a minute and is that my lil man," she said comin from behind the counter to pick Issy up. "Hey baby," she said carrying him over to the desk.

"Is Mr. Freeman here?"

"Nah he just stepped out. He been getting on everybody's nerves man. He cutting hours and hiring bout fifty people."

"So I guess me asking to keep my job is out of the question?"

"I'on know- there he go," Reese said pointing out the door to this middle-aged black man who presented himself better than most.

"Ahh Miss Brown. So glad to see that u finally found time to stop by," he said walking into the store wit a sly grin.

"Yeah I wanted to talk wit u if I could."

"Well step into my office. Reese u can take ur break in about ten minutes," he said holding out his hand for Giselle to walk in front of him. He really wanted a glimpse of her ass. And he got exactly what he wanted when she turned around revealing a small waist wit a backside for days. "Lawd ham mercy."

"Come on Issy," she said turning around to catch him staring at her. She shook her head and waited for him to run to her.

In the back Mr. Freeman watched Giselle as she poured her heart out. "I know I been missing work but sometimes I can't find a babysitter but I really need this job. My sister is tryin to kick me out."

"I understand that ur young and u have this son with no one to help but I run a business and I don't play favorites around here. If I give u room enough to make mistakes then that goes for everyone."

"But Mr.Freeman if u could just give me one more chance."

"I've given u several Giselle but...I'm sorry. Imma hafta let u go." Giselle looked at him and wanted to dive across the desk. She stared at her son who had jelly stains on his baby tee. He smiled at her but she looked away.

"Well thank u anyways Mr.Freeman for the opportunity," she said getting up and picking up her son.

"I really am sorry Giselle."

"I know," she said leaving out the door.

On her way to the corner store she saw Dre. She had been avoiding him ever since she got that letter from Corey. She ran into the store to get Israel some pull-ups. He still hadn't learned to pee in his potty. As Giselle stood on the aisle she heard the door bell ring as someone stepped into the store and she knew that it was Dre. "What's up baby," he said as soon as he saw her.

"Nothin Dre."

"Why u been avoiding me," he said following her on each aisle.

"I haven't. I just been busy."

"Busy doin what? Look, I heard about yo boy getting out- is this why u tripping?"

"Look, I just think we should chill. I appreciate all that you've been doin for me but it's gotta stop."

"Why? U ain't got no job."

"What? How u know-come here Issy baby, don't do that," she said makin sure he didn't open up some candy, "how u know that I ain't got no job," she said giving her attention back to him.

"I went by there yesterday and I know this. Look I like u girl," he said caressing her face makin her skin tingle. "A real man wouldn't have left his family out here high and dry like that."

"He didn't. He got locked up Dre."

"Still he should've had some money stacked up. And here," he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a huge wad of money. "Take this," he said peeling off five hundred dollar bills and six twenties.

"No," she said goin around him to pop Israel's hand. "Didn't I say-"

"Don't hit him," Dre said picking him up. "U want this lil man?"

"Yes," Israel said continuing to open the candy.

"Don't do that," Giselle said hitting Dre. "He don't need that."

"He do need some more clothes though. Look at this shit he got on my shirt."

"Shit," Israel said mocking him. Giselle flicked him in the mouth wit her finger makin him cover his mouth getting ready cry.

"Don't cry, here," Dre said handing him his candy that he paid for. "Whatever she get man put it on my tab," he said to the man and walking out the door wit Israel.

"DRE!" Giselle said calling after him.

She hated the way that he was always tryin to treat Israel like his son. She sat all her things on the counter and even got some more stuff. The man placed everything in a bag and thanked her. She kept her money in her pocket. She walked out of the store and saw Dre leaning against his truck wit Israel on top of it. He was playing wit him. Giselle came over so fast and snatched him down. "Look," she said placing her son on her hips, "don't be doin that. I can take care of my son. He ain't yours so stop actin like it."

"Don't trip now that dude is about to get out and u don't even know if he really is. So I suggest u keep the ones around u that's been helping yo ass from the beginning," he said placing a forceful kiss on her forehead before getting into his truck to bounce.

Once Giselle got back up to her apartment, she decided to give Israel a bath. As she took off his clothes she noticed somethin in his pockets. She pulled out some money and then more money. When she was done counting it was almost three thousand dollars. She looked at Israel who held his mouth open in shock. "Shit," he said mocking what he had heard so many people say around him. This time Giselle didn't hit him for sayin it. She wanted to say that same thing.