10.

Guess I'm continuing this fic then...

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Seriously? You don't have any money?" Stephen asked Wong as we walked towards the front door of the sanctum.

"Attachment to the physical is detachment from the spiritual." Wong spoke wisely, causing me to laugh and shake my head at him.

"I'll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical ham and rye." Stephen muttered sarcastically as our friend gasped.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait. I think I have 200." Wong spoke excitedly.

"Dollars?" I asked, unsure.

"Rupees." He smiled sheepishly and Stephen scoffed.

"Which is...?"

"About a buck and a half?" Wong looked at me and I shrugged.

"Alright, I'll pay. What do you want?" I asked him and he rubbed his hands together.

"I wouldn't say 'no' to a tuna melt." We were all knocked forward as something crashed through the roof and destroyed the staircase. We all stood up quickly and rushed to see what had happened, the cloaks of Levitation and Elevation rushing to Stephen and I. We changed into our robes without a second thought, ready to defend the sanctum from whatever it was.

"Thanos is coming." The man, who's skin seemed to have a green tint to it, spoke with shaky breaths, looking up at us.
"He's coming."

"Who?" Stephen asked, looking at me.

"You're Bruce Banner." I muttered after a few moments.
"Wong, see if you can get him some clothes." I nodded to my friend.

"The Hulk?" Stephen asked and I sighed. We helped him out of the hole in the staircase, before giving him a little privacy to get changed.
He explained everything. Thor, Loki, Ragnorok, Thanos.
"Thanos. Have you ever heard that name? Did your mother ever-"

"No." I shook my head.
"Never."

"Tony Stark. We need Tony." Banner looked at us hopefully.
"Do you- can you find him?" He asked and I sighed. Stephen nodded his head.

"You find Stark and bring him back here. I'm going to look for something- anything that might give us information on Thanos." I muttered.

"Stay in New York. We might need you." Stephen looked at me and I nodded. He leaned down and gave me a short kiss, before we both made separate portals. His leading to Tony Stark, mine to the library.
I grabbed every book I could on other worldly threats, which really wasn't a lot, before sitting at the nearest table and scanning every page for a 'Thanos'. After what felt like hours, but was probably only minutes, I closed the last book with a frustrated sigh.
I got up and put the books away, before creating a portal back to the staircase.

"-could destroy life hither to undreamt of." Stephen finished what he was saying as the one and only Tony Stark leaned in the nearest relic.

"Did you seriously just say 'hither to undreamt of'?" Stark asked.

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" I replied, causing eyes to turn to me.

"Anything?" Stephen asked.

"No. There's no word of Thanos in the library here." I shook my head.
"I don't think we've ever encountered him before."

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Stark asked.
"We're kind of in the middle of a conversation here."

"Y/N L/N, possibly the most talented sorceress on Earth." Wong introduced and I smirked a little.
"And definitely the most dangerous."

"Not dangerous. Malignant." Stephen corrected as I moved over to his side.

"Okay... if Thanos needs all six, why don't we just stick this one down the garbage disposal?" Stark asked, gesturing towards the Eye of Agamotto.

"No can do." Stephen mumbled.

"We swore an oath to protect the time stone with our lives." Wong narrowed his eyes at Stark slightly.
"Y/N agreed to that oath when she was just a child."

"And I swore off dairy, but then Ben and Jerry's named a favour after me, so..." Stark shook his head.

"Stark Raving Hazelnuts." Stephen almost seemed amused.

"Not bad." Tony defended.

"Not really a fan." I admitted.

"A bit chalky." Stephen shook his head.

"A Hunk of Hulk of Burning Fudge is our favourite." Wong sighed and poor Banner looked beyond confused.

"That's a thing?!" He looked at us, and I nodded.

"Whatever. Point is, things change." Stark shrugged.

"Our oath to protect the time stone cannot change. This stone may be the best chance we have against Thanos." I argued.

"Yeah, so, conversely, it may also be his best chance against us." Tony glared at me slightly.

"So if we don't do our jobs-"

"What is your job exactly? Besides making balloon animals?" Tony interrupted Stephen.

"Protecting your reality, douchebag." They glared at each other and the testosterone was getting a little overwhelming.

"Okay guys... can we table this discussion right now?" Banner asked.
"The fact is we have this stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the mind stone and we have to find him now."

"Yeah, that's the thing." Stark mumbled.
"2 weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder. He's offline."

"What? Tony, you lost another Superbot?" Banner whined like a child and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't lose him! And he's more than that- he's evolving!" Stark shot back.

"Who could find Vision?" Stephen asked carefully.

"Shit. Probably Steve Rodgers." Stark muttered and I scoffed, sitting down on the stairs.
"Maybe."

"Great." Stephen mumbled sarcastically.

"Call him." Banner whispered.

"It's not that easy." Stark looked at his friend.
"God, we haven't caught up in a spell, have we? The Avengers broke up, we're toast."

"Broke up?" Banner asked, looking list.
"Like a band? Like- like the Beatles?"

"Cap and I fell out hard." Stark sighed.
"We're not on speaking terms."

"Tony, listen to me. Thor is gone. Thanos is coming. It doesn't matter who you're talking to or not." Banner looked at his friend, who let out a sigh, before pulling out a small flip phone. Stephen looked at me, an unsure look in his eyes. A low rumbling sound seemed to fill the room as the ground shook slightly and I placed my hand flat against one of the stairs, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Say, doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair, would you?" Stark asked cautiously.

"Not at the moment, no." Stephen replied and Stark moved towards the door. Stephen offered me his hand and I took it, letting him pull me up off of the stairs and towards the door.