12.

Y/N's P.O.V. 

The kid's plan to save Stephen surprisingly worked, although it came very close to not working.

"Stephen?" I asked carefully, helping him up. He groaned in pain and I moved his hair out of his face.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" He asked as he steadied himself. The cloak of Levitation landed on his shoulders and I straightened out the collar.

"Saving your ass, the usual." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes.

"We gotta turn this ship around." Stephen muttered as Stark walked past.

"Yeah." Stark scoffed.
"Now he wants to run. Great."

"No. I want to protect the stone." Stephen followed him, taking my hand and pulling me with him.

"And I want you to thank me now, go ahead. I'm listening." Stark sighed as he walked away.

"For what? Nearly blasting me into space?" Stephen asked.

"Who just saved your magical ass? Me." Stark looked at us both.

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet." Stephen mumbled.

"Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to." Stark threw his hands up.
"I tried to bench you, you refused."

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you." Stephen glared at him and I looked at the kid, who looked awkward as Hell.

"Alright ladies, calm down." I let go of Stephen's hand, standing in between them.
"Right now we're in a flying donut, billions of miles from Earth, with no backup."

"I'm backup!" The kid perked up.

"No. You're a stowaway. The adults are talking." Stark brushed the kid off.

"Sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. What is he, your ward?" Stephen asked.

"No." The kid shook his head.
"I'm Peter by the way."

"Dr. Strange and Master L/N." Stephen muttered, nodding to me when he said my name.

"Oh, we're using our made up names? Then I'm Spider-Man." He answered innocently and I couldn't help but smile a little.
Stark and Stephen began to talk as I went over to Peter.
"Did I do something wrong?" He asked me quietly.

"They're probably just pissed at you for coming along. They'll get over it." I shrugged.
"I'm Master Y/N L/N. That's Dr. Stephen Strange."

"Wait- he's an actual doctor?" Peter asked, looking a little surprised.

"One of the best." I nodded.

"So you're like... a wizard?" He asked hesitantly.
"Is wizard okay to say? It's not racist or anything to magic users, right?"

"Racist? No. I'm a sorceress, or that's the preferred term, anyway." He nodded his head in understanding and I turned to look at the two arguing men. They were in each other's faces and I sighed heavily.

"You have to understand, if it comes to saving you, or the kid, or the time stone... I won't hesitate to let either of you die. I can't because the universe depends on it." Stephen spoke seriously and Stark looked at me.

"What about her?" He asked.
"Will you save her?"

"Y/N is more than capable of saving herself." Stephen looked at me and I nodded.

~

It wasn't long before the ship's autopilot reached its destination, but it didn't appear to have any kind of self-park features.

"Kid, get your hand inside this steering gimbal. Close those around it." Tony ordered Peter, before telling him how it was going to work.

"You might want to turn. Turn!" Peter yelled and the ship shook as it crashed into something.

"Stephen, help me out." I asked, creating a large shield around the four of us. Stephen did the same, reinforcing it as we crashed. Thankfully, we were all okay, both Stephen and I dropping the shield as we moved to help the pair up.
"You alright, Peter?" I asked, helping the boy to his feet.

"Yeah, maybe. I think." He nodded and I moved over to Stephen.

"All good?" I asked and he nodded, wrapping his arm around my waist, before kissing my head lightly.

"Let me just say, if Aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry." Peter spoke, suddenly hanging upside down.

"I do not want another pop-culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Stark sighed, sounding like a tired parent.

"I'm trying to say that something is coming." Peter pointed behind him, before a small ball rolled by our feet and threw us all back. Several figures appeared, one of them screaming as he threw knives towards Stephen, who easily blocked them with his shield. Both cloaks left our shoulders and attacked the screaming man and Stephen came over and stood by me. Before I could register what was happening, Peter had some kind of gun to his head and Tony had pinned down the man the cloaks had attacked, the black material hovering next to me as shields rested in my hands.

"Everybody stay where you are! Chill the F out!" The man holding Peter ordered, taking off his mask.
"I'm going to ask you this one time. Where is Gamora?"

"Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" Stark asked, taking off his own helmet.

"I'll do you one better! Why is Gamora?" The man on the ground demanded to know and I was lost.

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to God, I am gonna french fry this little freak." The one holding Peter warned.

"Let's do it!" Stark glared at him.
"You shoot my guy and I'll blast him. Let's go!"

"Do it Quill. I can take it!" The man glared into Stark's weapon.

"No, you can't." I shook my head.

"No! You can't take it!" The female-looking alien panicked.

"They're right, you really can't." Stephen sighed.

"Oh yeah? You don't want to tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all 4 of you and I'll beat it out of Thanos myself." 'Quill' pushed his gun towards Peter's head.
"Starting with you."

"Wait- Thanos? Well, let me ask you this one time? What master do you serve?" Stephen asked.

"What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" He pulled a face and I rolled my eyes.

"You're from Earth?" Tony asked in disbelief.

"I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri."

"Yeah, that's on Earth, dipshit." I deadpanned.

"What are you hassling us for?" Tony threw his hands up.

"So you're not with Thanos?" Peter asked in a quiet voice.

"With Thanos? No! I'm here to kill Thanos, he took my girl. Who are you?" Quill asked, lowering his gun as Peter's helmet came off.

"We're the Avengers, man." Peter sighed.

"You're the ones Thor told us about!" The alien girl spoke excitedly.

"You know Thor?" Stark asked and I looked at Stephen in disbelief. How did we let this happen?

"Yeah, tall guy, not that good looking?" Peter pulled a face at his comment.
"Needed saving?"

"Where is he now?" Stephen asked carefully.