19.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Alright, we have a plan." Steve spoke as we all suited up.
"Six stones, three teams, one shot." The Cloak Of Elevation landed on my shoulders and I put my hand over it lightly.
"5 years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're going to win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket nodded.

"Right?" Scott scoffed.

"You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Tony shouted to Bruce, who was by the control panel.

"Trackers engaged." Bruce nodded, before coming over and we prepared to time travel.

"See you in a minute." Nat smiled and I nodded my head, taking a breath, before the helmet covered my face and my cloak tightened its hold on me.
Suddenly, we were all flying through a confusing blue mess, before the five of us landed in New York. 2012.

"All right, we all have our assignments." Steve sighed.
"Two stones uptown. One stone down town. Stay low, keep an eye on the clock." There was a loud roar as the Hulk appeared and started smashing things together. Bruce hid his face in his hands awkwardly.
"Maybe smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce mumbled, ripping his shirt off.

"I'll meet you at the Sanctum, there's just something I have to do first." I sighed, creating a portal.

"Y/N, you need to stay on task!" Steve glared at me.

"No, let her go." Tony shook his head and I looked at him with a small smile, before stepping through the portal and finding myself in an empty corridor in the hospital.

"Can I help you?" The man at reception asked as I walked up to him.

"I'm looking for Doctor Stephen Strange. Do you know where I can find him?" I asked and he hesitated.

"Doctor Strange is performing a surgery right now." He muttered, looking at his computer.
"Can I take a message?"

"Where?" The receptionist looked confused.
"Which room? Which direction, anything?" He looked a little scared, pointing to my left and mumbling the room number, causing me to go in that direction. It didn't take long to find and I walked into the viewing room, seeing the several doctors and nurses, but I was only concentrating on one. I let out a shaky sigh and before I knew it, a tear was slipping down my face.
The Cloak of Elevation wiped the tear away almost instantly and the door opened, revealing two security officers.

"Can we help you, miss?" They asked and I knew that was my cue. I created another portal and they fell back, before jumping through it and landing on the roof of the sanctum, finding an unconscious Bruce and my mother, with the astral form of Bruce following behind.

"Hello, mother." I spoke and they both looked at me.

"Mother?" Bruce echoed.

"Hello, young one. You're not from this time either, are you?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm afraid not." I stepped towards her and she smiled slightly, before I wrapped my arms around her.
"I've missed you." I whispered, closing my eyes.

"Ah, so in your present, I'm dead then." She mumbled and I stepped back, looking at her.

"I said such horrible things to you and then Kaescilius..."

"Shh." She smiled.
"I have foreseen my death many times. It is not something I fear." She put her hand on my cheek.
"You're here for the stone too, aren't you?"

"Yes. We need it, the time stone form our time was destroyed after it was combined with the other stones. They were used to wipe out trillions of life forms across the universe. This is our one chance to get the stone and reverse what happened." I explained.

"I told her that already, but she won't listen!" Bruce moved next to me.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you." The Ancient One sighed as she walked away.
"If I give up the time stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own."

"With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that." Bruce spoke as we followed her.
She reached out and created a timeline that stretched further than I could see.

"The infinity stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones and that flow splits. Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness... our world would be overrun. Millions would suffer." I looked at the dark branch reality with a sigh.
"So tell me, Doctor, can your science prevent all that?"

"No, but we can erase it." I looked at Bruce in confusion.
"Because once we've done with the stones, we can return each one to its timeline at the moment it was taken. So, chronologically, in that reality, it never left."

"Yes, but you're leaving out the most important part." She spoke, walking away.
"In order to return the stones, you have to survive."

"Mother, you have known me my whole life. You know that when I promise to do something, I get it done. We will return the stones to their own timelines." I looked at her hopefully.

"I know, but I can't risk this reality on a promise. I'm sorry." She sighed.
"It's the duty of the Sorcerer Supreme to protect the time stone."

"Then why the Hell did Strange give it away?" Bruce asked and she looked at him in shock.

"What did you say?"

"Stephen gave the stone to the mad Titan Thanos.." I shook my head.

"Willingly?" She repeated, sounding unsure.

"Yes." Both Bruce and I replied in unison.

"Why?"

"He said it was the only way, but then he died with everyone else." My voice was angrier than I expected.
"Maybe he made a mistake, because I've spent the last 5 years raising our child on my own."

"Or I did." She whispered, before taking my hand in hers. She returned Bruce to his body, before letting go of my hand. She took the eye of Agamotto from around her neck, before handing it to me.
"Strange is meant to be the best of us."

"So he must have done it for a reason." Bruce mumbled and she nodded.

"I fear you might be right." I slipped the Eye over my head, before opening it and seeing the stone.

"Thank you, mother." I smiled at her.

"I'm counting on you both." She spoke softly.
"We all are."