4: Rule 1: Stand your fucking ground.

Monday came by so fast I didn't even remember there was a weekend.

Walking the familiar halls was nauseating. I just wanted to get to homeroom for roll call and then go to class. I looked around watching a bunch of screaming girls, a couple flirting, and then in the distance I see Daniel, Mike, and his cult of rugby players. Rolling my eyes, I try walking past them before Mike stands in my way, crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

"Good to see you Mike, seems like you're still the douchebag you were a couple of weeks ago." I gave a fake smile. "Now get out of my way."

"What's wrong, Cam? Not up for some friendly banter?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, now move." I pushed him out of my way. "Liza wouldn't like you bothering me."

"Whatever, you dyke."

I showed him my middle finger before walking to my locker. I got there and immediately opened it and began putting my books in there. Looking at it once more, I close it shut only to find Blake beaming at me.

She wasn't matching like we had agreed; I was wearing a simple black top and blue jeans with a denim jacket on top while she was wearing a white flowery dress.

"So much for being best friends and matching," I scoffed, disappointed at her sudden change of mind. "What happened? Your black shirt got eaten by dogs?"

She frowned. "No, I didn't think it was good to wear bleak colors on the first day of school."

"They aren't bleak, they're universal, Blake." I rolled my eyes, my voice changing from disappointment to annoyance in a matter of seconds. "These colors are cool for your own information."

"Whatever." She waved it off, her eyes drifting off to something behind me. "The new girl is here, according to a few people. I'm excited to find out what people think about her being here."

Blake and I are opposites. Complete opposites. While she's very optimistic and fun in contrast to my realistic but somehow 'pessimistic' and sarcastic ass, she is a fucking gossip girl. Like literally, she's popular but not popular, if that makes sense. While I like to stay out of drama, she likes to be front and center of it all. All eyes on her! Hail Queen Blake!

"I mean, she's not a bad person I guess." I shrugged. "I mean, she's pretty–"

"Pretty what, Cam?" A sweet voice interrupted me.

I turned around to find Alexis standing there, her books in hand. She was wearing black tights and a white tee, something so simple that made me question why certain girls(cough, cough, Blake) couldn't be as simple and straightforward as her.

"This the girl I saw yesterday?" Alexis asked and I nodded.

"Alexis, meet Blake, my stupid best friend. Blake, meet Alexis, my... neighbor." I patted Alexis's back, hearing her yelp uncomfortably. "Hope you two will get along, because you'll definitely be seeing each other more!"

"You'll also be seeing me more." A new voice got added into the mix. "Cam, Blake, how could you not introduce me to this lovely girl?"

"Terrance!" I gave him a fist bump and he in turn put his arm around my shoulders. "Alexis, meet Terrance, my other best friend. Terrance, meet-"

"You're honestly prettier than I expected." He stuck his hand out and Alexis shook it slowly. "I'm Terrance, but you can call me Terry."

"I just introduced you two–"

"Nice to meet you," Alexis interrupted me, ignoring my contribution completely. "I'm Alexis, but you can call me Lexi or Alex."

"I'll stick to Alexis," Blake muttered, making Terry nudge her on the side.