Chapter 40

Writer's POV:

"Yours," Sarthak offered the butterscotch ice cream he bought. He still remembers that Tanvi likes ice cream and that too butterscotch flavour, so he bought it for everyone sitting at the shore, watching the sunset.

Tanvi had never felt this ecstatic ever before in her life. No matter how many people were present on the beach, nothing disturbed her. Not only her, both Ajay and Jiya felt the same. All of them were enjoying the sunset except one.

It was none other than Rohan Sarthak. He was busy enjoying his moment with Tanvi, who sat just beside him. Though he didn't stare at her or talk with her, it was just this silence that was extremely affable and beautiful between them when both the souls are peaceful. 

So, when he saw some child eating ice cream, he immediately recalled the time when he had seen her enjoying her ice cream. Hence, he got up from his place and bought 4 ice creams for all of them so that none will get any doubt. 

"Hey!" Tanvi said with a smile and took the ice cream from him. She is felt she was in another world of peace, and now this ice cream has added more to her happiness and tranquility. She then realized that she hadn't thanked him, so she turned towards him, only to find him handing the remaining ice cream cones to Ajay and Jiya before settling himself in his previous spot beside her.

"Thank you. There is no need to bring this," Tanvi said with a smile. 

"It's ok. There is..." Sarthak tried to finish his sentence that it was not a problem for him, but Ajay interrupted him.

"Why did you buy this for me? You should have asked me before buying this, right?" Ajay said, oscillating the cone in his hand. He was too much immersed in admiring nature's beauty to notice that Sarthak was not sitting next to him.

This pissed off Sarthak's mood. He immediately retorted saying, "If you don't want it, give it to me. I will enjoy it."

He thought he made him shut but then Jiya said, "Even I don't like butterscotch much. You should have asked me," 

Sarthak gave her a dismayed look and wondered, 'How ungrateful these people are? I bought them something with my own money and they are behaving like this?' Though much more thoughts ran in his mind, nothing came out.

Tanvi chuckled, seeing her friend's sad face for ice cream, while she is enjoying her ice cream. She gently tapped her shoulder and said, "C'mon, he bought something for us, and you are whining over that. Be grateful."

"You are saying that because he bought your favourite," said Jiya and suddenly fell silent, diving deep into her thoughts. Turning to Sarthak, she asked, "How do you know she likes this flavour?"

Sarthak stopped eating. He hadn't expect this sudden question. Did she just ask the question out of blue, or was there a deeper meaning behind the same?

After contemplating for a minute, Sarthak said, "I just bought whatever I got first. That's it. How would I know who wants what!" Saying this he again started munching his ice cream to avoid Jiya's gaze. 

"Ok, I will exchange it. Where did you bring this from?" Jiya asked him and stood up from the shore, smacking the dust from her clothes. 

"C'mon, Jiya. It's good only. Eat it for now," Tanvi requested her friend while she had already finished her cone. 

"It's not just about this. I am hungry. Let's go and eat something," Jiya said. They have been on the beach for the past one and a half hour and now the time is 15 minutes past 6. 

"Ok. Let's go to any food court and call it the end of the day. Ok?" Ajay said, who hadn't unwrapped the ice cream like Jiya.

"But we have to return by 7, or else the warden will treat us as though we are some criminals who killed someone and returned late after burying the body," whined Jiya, and Tanvi nodded, looking at both the boys.