Chapter 18

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

Big eyes. An Alluring smile. The Positive charm around her. These were the only things that are flashing before my eyes.

Tanvi. 

That was the only name resonating in my ears.

It had already been 3 hours since I came home, but my whole existence is still wandering for her. 

All this while, I kept listening to her call recording. Don't know why, I miss her voice, and I am thankful for this recording which I made then. (He recorded her voice in chapter 8. If you don't remember then check it out again.)

Every time she said 'Tan', I burst into fits of laughter. She almost revealed her name. Thanks to her quick wit, she covered that silly mistake pretty well. But I am such a thickhead that I couldn't think further about her name, even after she gave me such a big clue.

No matter how much I try to divert myself, it was not working out. Especially after I saw her. I just wanted to tell her that I had seen her and I won the bet, but I was afraid what would happen next. Didn't she say that if she lost the bet, she would not disturb me again? She would not talk to me. What if she takes that too serious?

Had it been the initial days of January, this wouldn't have bothered me much. I would have gladly ended this. Unfortunately, it is no longer the case now. I don't want to stop talking to her. Rather, I want to be disturbed by her. I want her to make fun of me, make me laugh, and make me smile for no reason. I have became too dependent on her to leave her now. 

Right now, I was waiting for her call, expecting her to call me asking me why I called her in the middle of the function. I needed her to talk to me for a long time, but there was no sign of her. That saddened me a bit. I have checked the time and it's 4. 

Why shouldn't I call her? It's not like I never called her first, and now my inner turmoil was, anyway, not letting me be at peace. That was it, I dialed her number and again my heart picked up pace.

But she didn't answer the call. Why does she never answers her phone in the first ring itself? Let's call after a while.

Two minutes passed.

That's it. I couldn't wait any more time. I dialed her number again. This time she answered it.

"Hello" I said enthusiastically.

"Hmm." she hummed it as though she was in a deep sleep.

"Are you asleep?" I asked her.

"Hmmm" she hummed again which made me chuckle. Earlier, I used to imagine what she looks like, but now, I was visualizing her face in front of me.

"Shall I call you later?" I asked. I know she must be tired after today's event. After all, she kept standing the entire time, or was roaming here and there. But at that point of time she never looked tired. Wait! Hold on! She looked perfect.

"What's the time?" she asked drowsily.

"It's 10 minutes past 4," I said smiling widely.

"Oh! I slept for a long time," Her reaction was loudly.

"Guess you are tired cause of the farewell function," I said.

"Yes," she yawned, "it was such a tiring day."

I didn't say anything else. Guess I was blushing. I am overflowing with the happiness of knowing her. Suddenly, that happiness was replaced by an ocean of doubt. Why me?

She looked like a fairy. Very beautiful. Very Gracious. In between me staring at her, I had noticed how the boys of my class gazed at her, sometimes even more ardently than I did. She was like every man's dream, but here she was calling me, talking to me, telling me that she likes me. But why me? I am not a good looking guy. At least I don't consider myself to be. I don't have a charming personality either. Still, she knows me pretty well. Though, sometimes she does get a bit shocked upon learning about my preferences.

"Helllooo." she drawled the word too long.

"Yes." I said, coming out of my trance.

"Are you sleeping now?" she chortled.

"I want to ask you something," My voice turned stern.

"Haa....Ask," she sounded a bit doubtful.

"Why do you like me?" I asked her sharply. I awaited her answer, but she remained silent. Why the hell was she not answering? Did I ask her the wrong question? We both remained silent.

"Because of New Year's Night," she said calmly. 

 What happened that night? She called me quite a few days before that night.

"What about that night?" I asked her not understanding what made her like me that day.

"Because that day, you were there with me when I felt like I felt alone. Remember I said there was no one to wish me that day. And then you called me, wished me, and we talked a lot that day. I felt a very warm connection with you then. And.... I hope you feel the same, since we have become good friends."

Dumbstruck. I was feeling dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say or how to react. Never did I thought that my one phone call would matter this much to her. For me, it was a simple thing. Of course, that day, I felt special too, but now I am thankful that I had called her that day.

We both kept quite. I didn't know what I should say next and was expecting her to speak up, but even she remained silent. 

"So..." she said lowly.

"Nothing," I said sheepishly. I could not get any words out of my mouth.

A moment of tranquility later, she said, "Hmm....Why did you get such a doubt?"

"Well, no particular reason." 

"Ohh." she said. Even, I didn't know what else to talk. She was not talking much, unlike the other times. Then another doubt cropped up in my mind.

"But what about before that call? I mean why did you like me before New Year's?" To be frank, I was expecting another confession. I feel so good when she talks to me, tells me I am special to her.

"Ohh that?" she was about to say something more, but I heard the ringing of a doorbell. Damn! Lately, many are disturbing us way too much. I awaited her answer, but she wasn't answering.

I heard her footsteps reaching the door as the doorbell resounded and the intensity increased. Wonder who was so impatient to meet her. Finally, she said, "I'll call you later."

Of late, this has become her swear word. Before I could reply, I heard her saying, 'Sam!' 

Who is Sam, though? Before I could hear more, the call ended. I felt depressed for a moment. I wish we could have talked a bit more time.

But I do have all the time in the world to talk to her. Once Again, I was smiling like a mad man. I wish I had clicked a picture of her so that I could see her whenever I want. My mind was not working properly then, and now, I want to go to school again so that I can see her again.

What should I do?

Should I go or not?

How is the chapter friends?

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

I hope I am not making you feel bored cause of the slow writing. I want to elaborate their relationship nicely and their feelings. Hope this isn't making you feel bored.

Please Vote, Comment, and Share if you like the story.

Thankyou.