Chapter 20

Tanvi's POV:

15 minutes to go for the minute hand to reach 12 and for Rohan's birthday. Today, or have to say tonight, I am going to tell my real identity to him. Hope he won't be mad at me.

I don't know why, but he was suddenly behaving a bit too oddly. He started calling me 'Tan' , which he never did before. Previously, he used to call me Tan Theta or Ms. Vishnuvardhan. It feels weird as only Sam calls me Tan.

Talking about Sam, she is always busy. Of course, I can't blame her now as she is at her tournament, but she left me with a pool of confusion. I was only able to talk to her once, and that too for a moment or so, and I couldn't even ask her why she told me not to talk to him.

That statement by her made me feel like something was wrong, and I was yearning to know what it was.

Anyway, I continued talking to him. I have begun enjoying his company lately, especially since his farewell party. I mean I felt like something changed within him. Since that day, he started to talk a lot instead of listening to me. 

He didn't even mind losing the bet. He simply said, "I don't mind losing the bet. I already feel like I won something even more precious. I will wait for you."

That's it. That night I couldn't stop blushing. The whole day and night I kept jumping, dancing, and singing. That was when I decided to reveal myself to him. At first, I called him because I was scared he would break my heart, but now, I am sure he will never do that.

It's almost time for me to call him. Three minutes. Ok, it's time to call. 

So, I video called him. He never knew me because, in the past one month, I never updated my WhatsApp profile picture. Of course, even he never updated it. His DP always was always a quote about mother.

I made sure I looked good with light makeup even at midnight and wore a nice dress instead of my night suit. Hope he isn't celebrating his birthday with his friends. I did not wish for them to find out about us prematurely.

To my dismay, he didn't answer the call. He was not online. It was already 12, I wanted to be the first one to wish and surprise him, but I guess he was busy with something. He behaved very normally with me today when we chatted. I mean he didn't mention anything about his birthday, certainly even I didn't expect him to brag about it, but still, there should be some excitement, right?

I tried reaching him again, but he was not answering the call. I scoffed. Obviously, he is a famous person in our school, so he must be getting so many calls. 

12:10 am. 

I messaged him and wished him. Doesn't he have a moment of time for me? How mean! Or did he forget me?

Now I am angry, I thought of telling the truth to him, but he is not that fortunate enough to know me. I changed into my pyjamas and tied my loose hair. Yet, all the while, I expected a call from him. Idiot! I taunted him

I laid down on my bed to sleep. How much ever I wanted to slip into a slumber, my mind was not at all at ease. Many thoughts and questions kept swirling in my mind. Why did I have this weird feeling that something was about to go wrong? But I don't know what it is. With this the last thought, I drifted to a dream world.

                                                                                  ***

I don't know what time it is. My sleep was disturbed by a phone call. 

It's him. 

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched myself, yawning. All the while, the phone continued ringing, and I ignored him. He deserves it for not answering my call last night, I thought and let the phone ring for some more time.