Chapter 14: The Accused - Joe

Joe

Hearing a strange noise, I wake to the sight of Mark standing at the foot of our bed, watching us sleep. Anger instantly fills me within seconds.

"You Bastard!" I whisper, so I don't awaken Dee.

Mark, our boss, just shakes his head and walks out of the room.

Getting up, I follow him because he is going to hear me.

This is going to end now, and the two of us are leaving this nightmare tonight.

We walk into his office through Mark's side door, and he waits for me to begin.

"Who did it? Was it you or one of the other VP's you like to join in your sadomasochistic shit? Who whipped her, Mark?" I yell, and he just stands there looking at me straight-faced.

This son of a bitch is trying to figure out how to play me, per usual. Mark is all smug, standing there in his 3-piece suit, looking at me in my boxers. I'm filled with such rage as I see him smirk.

Mark says with a tone, "So... you love her, do you?"

Hearing this, I am completely shocked.

"How is it possible that you, my killer pit bull, have been taken down by this little girl? You and I have screwed over so many people, corporations, millionaires a like, but this one little bitch is going to ruin what we have. I Don't Fucking Think So!" Mark yells back at me as he gets right up into my face.

My God, he heard us. Shit, this will make him want her even more. I am an idiot!

I yell back, "So what if I said I loved her, it was in the heat of the moment. We have been fucking for 5 straight days and it just came out. Right after I said the words, I was trying to think of a way to take it back, but that was impossible. You know me, I care for her and felt bad, but I fuck them and move on. The problem is that you physically hurt her and that I cannot condone."

Mark smiles as he looks past me.

A small soft voice says, "Well, that hurt more than being whipped. Don't worry about backing out of it, I heard you loud and clear."

Deidre's sweet face is distorted by anger and pain.

Looking at her pleadingly, I hope she sees my expression, but she doesn't care right now and Dee is hurt. I notice the necklace is now gone. She took it off and is filled with rage.

I did that to her.

Behind me, I hear Mark laughing in a sick and maniacal way.

"Deidre, I'm sorry he broke your heart. Joe is good in bed, but a poor boyfriend. He will always be loyal to me because I could ruin him in a blink. Didn't you two realize that I video tape all that goes on in that room?" He laughs even harder and I don't know what to say.

He adds, "Funny, how I'm never the one on those tapes though. I have a crew that spends their day watching and taping all that you two do together. They even have a tape of you being whipped, Deidre! How could you do that to her, Joe?"

Mark glares at me, and I shake my head no.

It was him! He did this... Wait, what?

"The video shows you entering the room, shackling Deidre to the St. Andrew's cross and whipping her senseless. She didn't deserve that and I know you like to pretend that you're into pleasure, but I have seen the proof, it's locked in my safe." He says with a wicked grin.