「 smell her on you 」

[ VOLUME TWO ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO;
smell her on you

[ JANUARY FOURTH, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Don't tell me what I wanna hear
Afraid of never knowing fear
Experience anything you need
I'll keep fighting jealousy
Until it's fucking gone

And I've got this friend, you see
Who makes me feel and I
Wanted more than I could steal
I'll arrest myself, I'll wear a shield
I'll go out of my way to prove I still
Smell her on you'

CW: reference to sexual violence, attempted coercion — chapter eleven 'angel dust'.

        Hera Euphemia Potter skips into the living room, relishing at the scent of candied orange and Thai lemongrass.
Cordelia Diggory's cottage is sweet, standing alone and quaint, overlooking the beach estuary.
Its hazelwood exterior has dimmed in the salty air over time and is covered by intricate vines of lavender wisteria. Despite having been there for less than two weeks, Hera has already memorised which steps creek and that you have to tug at the window to get it to open, but it feels like home.

She hadn't counted on liking Cordelia as much as she did but was glad to have formed some bond with the woman.
Things with Cedric, too, had been great; after spending time with him and his mother, Hera found she could understand him better, the way he had grown up and the parallels of that and the person he was now. Cedric was incredibly vulnerable — something he shared with his mother. 

As blissful as this past week had been, there were also moments where it had felt invasive, even suffocating:

'I don't enjoy any of the little things about life that I used to. I've never been the person I wanted to be or the person others wished I was.
Since the age of eight, I've become resentful to everyone, especially myself.
I simply don't want to carry on with— '

Hera had always read the final page of a book first.
She didn't know why, only that her impatience carried with her onto many aspects of her life. Whatever she had stumbled upon was meant to stay hidden, that she was sure of...

About a week in, Hera discovered a thousand-page handwritten book of Cedric's. When she asked about it, he became uneasy, closed off — and rightfully so.